ANZ Presales Lead – Fraud and Financial Crime
The SAS ANZ Presales team supports our vision to be the first company called to solve a customer’s complex business problem. We achieve this status through developing high value trusted relationships and engineering high value solutions that solve our customer’s complex business problems.
SAS is now looking for a Fraud and Financial Crimes Lead to provide leadership and domain expertise to influence fraud and financial crime sales opportunities across the ANZ region. To be effective in this role, you will already have a demonstrated credibility and experience with fraud detection and prevention, financial crime (e.g. AML), advanced analytics, fraud investigation processes in one or more of financial services (retail banking, insurance) and government agencies. #LI-NE1
Comfortable with technology ecosystems that include open source as well as commercial vendors. Most importantly, the ability to explain the complex concepts of fraud detection, advanced analytics, machine learning/artificial intelligence and fraud networks analytics can be applied to solve problems in the real world – working with both business users and IT teams. Candidates should have experience of working in the end-to-end lifecycle of fraud and/or financial crimes which includes getting results into business users and understanding both the challenges and the opportunities the on-going fraud prevention lifecycle presents.
You will be expected to participate and/or lead in design of complex engagements with both business and IT, relate technical concepts and SAS’ end-to-end capabilities to within the customer’s current ecosystem. This includes advice on technical considerations such as complex interactions and dependencies between multiple system components and working with SAS architects to the technical aspects of the platform.
- As a fraud and/or financial crime expert, understand the market potential to drive opportunities and initiatives across existing and new client accounts to successful achieve new software revenue quota
- Proactively engages and builds trusted relationships with customers, partners and sales teams such that they can leverage your solution domain expertise in sales engagements
- Delivers standard, customised and/or strategic solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of SAS Solutions offerings as they apply to client needs
- Understand the fraud solutions from data to detection / alerting and through to investigation
- Experience in advanced fraud detection techniques such as predictive modelling, machine learning – preferably hands-on experience building fraud rules and models
- Learns and embraces the SAS solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes
- Ensures the competency of account teams to support sales opportunities and communicates knowledge to other non‐technical sales functions to empower them to position and support SAS solutions
- Works closely with regional and global SAS community to leverage best practices
- Works with Global Product Marketing Manager to co‐ordinate and execute local launch of new software products
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Expert and proven technical background with experience of designing and architecting complex fraud and/or financial crimes solutions with Advanced Analytics / Machine Learning / Artificial Intelligence at the centre
- Deep domain knowledge and subject matter expertise of the fraud lifecycle from data to detection to investigation and improvement
- Have good business process understanding in one of the following industries (retail banking, insurance, government e.g. benefit fraud, tax fraud)
- Have a good, hands on experience of advanced analytics / machine learning technology e.g. Spark, R, Python, SAS, H2O, SPSS etc.
- Ability to conceptualise client needs and translate into specific implementation strategies
- Excellent problem solving, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- More than years of experience in experience in fraud teams within industry or consultancy organisations
- Bachelor's degree or other quantitative field related to area of assignment
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn