Future Deployment Business Architect– Police and Security
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
The SAS ANZ team supports our vision to be the first company called to solve a customer’s complex business problem. We achieve this status through developing high value trusted relationships and engineering high value solutions that solve our customer’s complex business problems. #LI-NE1
SAS is now looking for a Future Deployment Business Architect to provide leadership and domain expertise to work with one of our leading customers in Melbourne. You will work onsite where you will collaborate to influence the future direction, capabilities and roadmap of the SAS Security and Intelligence product suite.
Longer term this role you will work as part of SAS Global team supporting the Intelligence and Investigations practice such as in policing and child protection.
To be effective in this role, you will already have a demonstrated credibility and experience with fraud, policing, borders or security intelligence industries and have the ability to engage with front-line officers / members to understand their current and future needs, drive best practice (business process, operations) and translate this into product capabilities.
Comfortable with working with policing and intelligence organisations at all levels of their hierarchy with the ability to explain the complex concepts such as advanced analytics, machine learning/artificial intelligence and predictive analytics can be applied to solve policing and security problems in the real world. Then working with R&D to translate this into capabilities that can be used across the industry rather than in just one customer.
This role is not just about asking the customer what they want, but also coming up with ideas and innovation to drive change in the customer to make their members and the community safer.
A good understanding of software development lifecycles and techniques to express business requirements in both end-user and technical terms.
You will be expected to participate and/or lead in design of complex engagements with both business and IT, relate technical concepts and SAS’ end-to-end capabilities to within the customer’s current ecosystem.
- As a business architect you will be able to engage with executives and management to understand business requirements and operational business processes and drive this to a product capability roadmap
- As an individual, passionate about making communities and officers safer and more effective in their roles, drive innovation and ideas to deliver this with new product capabilities
- Proactively engages and builds trusted relationships with customers, partners and sales teams such that they can leverage your solution domain expertise in existing customers and potentially new customer engagements
- Gain a strong understanding of SAS’ product capabilities from a business process through to technical capabilities – in order to both guide the customer to “vanilla” / “best practice” as well as understand how easy/hard new capabilities can be developed in the products
- Experience working in a data driven environment, working on projects involving advanced analytical techniques and machine learning – would be an advantage
- Experience in large business process reengineering projects would be an advantage
- Understanding of change management would be an advantage
- Works closely with regional and global product development
To be successful in this role you will require:
- Expert and proven technical background with experience of designing and architecting complex software solutions – ideally in the Policing and Security space – focusing on business process / best practice and working with front-line officers (vs. technical/back-end platforms)
- Deep domain knowledge policing and/or security intelligence – or demonstrate a deep domain knowledge in another related area and the capacity to learn quickly
- Have a good, hands on experience of running workshops, leading business process designs, user process / interface design, designing and documenting user requirements into technical specifications and working with technical development teams
- Ability to conceptualise client needs and translate into specific implementation strategies
- Excellent problem solving, written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- More than 5 years of experience in front-line customer-facing roles in industry or consultancy organisations
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn