Consulting Services Manager, ACT
Reporting to the Australia / NZ Consulting Manager, the Consulting Services Manager manages a team of consultants in Canberra for the ACT market.
Assesses and defines the need for, and oversees the recruitment, development and deployment of internal and external resources needed to accomplish Consulting Services business goals in the ACT market. #LI-NE1
Builds and maintains business relationships with key stakeholders in customer accounts, local SAS partners and the wider SAS network to assist in the development of the Consulting Services business.
Accomplishes results through planning, implementing, and maintaining methods, strategies and business initiatives. Maximizes revenues, resource utilization and profit, through due diligence in services sales positioning, project establishment and execution, and resource usage. Collaboration with internal departments to achieve the business outcomes required by SAS customers through use of SAS solutions and services.
- Manages a Consulting Services delivery practice comprising the following key consulting services: requirements gathering, design, installation & configuration, implementation, integration, project management, quality assurance and governance.
- Works with local Sales management and team to effectively position services engagements as part of sales activity to deliver customer outcomes. Also assists the local Services Sales executive and has overall management of the services related business development function
- Defines and oversees the Consulting Services delivery practice objectives, including the hiring and development objective of resources, as well as relationships and development objective of partner resources to ensure business demands are be able to be met
- Manage a team of 15-20 permanent employees as well as a team of external consultants.
- Provides staff with clear understanding of responsibilities, accountabilities and developmental growth plan by communicating and managing work assignments, Learning and Development objectives and overall staff performance management
- Keeps abreast of trends in the related and competitive marketplace
- Professionally represents SAS internally and with customers for business development, service delivery governance, negotiation, conflict and issue resolution and attends conferences/forums as may be required
- Ensures staff compliance with SAS policies and procedures including Consulting methodologies and best practice
- Collaborates regularly with peers and SAS management, and specifically ACT Sales Management to ensure progress toward joint goals pertinent to SAS, the ACT branch and Consulting Service delivery practice
- Is an active and contributing member of the Australia / NZ Consulting Management team and reports to the Australia/NZ Consulting Manager
- Develops and implements business plans specific to practice including team structures to suit the current and future needs of ACT Consulting Services practice
- Revenue Budget / Forecasting and Profit & Loss responsibility and accountability for the ACT Consulting Services Delivery practice
- Some interstate travel will be required, for quarterly management reviews, training and client activity as appropriate
Key attributes required of the Individual are:
- Demonstrated strong management, leadership skills and customer centric focus with a drive and ability to deliver business outcomes
- Demonstrated business and consulting knowledge including within the Federal Government industry sector
- Demonstrated talent awareness and staff development, team building and performance management experience and skills
- Possess excellent organizational and planning skills
- Possess successful Budget & P&L management experience
- Possess the ability to conceptualize client needs and translate them into specific implementation strategies
- Possess superior problem solving skills
- Superior executive presence, including conflict management and resolution, negotiation and presentation skills
- Australian Citizen with a clean police record
- Security Clearance may be required in dealing with SAS clients in the ACT market.
- Either currently holds and/or no impediments to obtaining a security clearance
SAS has been the leader in Business Analytics solutions for over 30 and since its inception, SAS has benefited from the skills and commitment of exceptional people. Today, as always, we seek the best talent to build on our 40-year success story. In return, SAS employees enjoy a supportive environment, outstanding opportunities for professional growth, and a chance to help SAS drive the new economy and provide innovative solutions for business decision makers across the globe. With more than 55,000 customer sites worldwide and customers from 90 percent of the Fortune 500, SAS is the world's largest privately held software company. That means we don't answer to Wall Street. We answer to our customers – and our employees.
SAS Australia and New Zealand envisions and strives to maintain a workplace that sees its employees motivated, innovative, inspired and committed. SAS employees are always willing to go the extra mile; working together, using initiative and creativity to find solutions and achieve goals. Through a range of programs and initiatives, we encourage staff participation and true ownership over their work and their environment.
SAS is consistently rated one of the world’s best employers – come and see what the fuss is about!