SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. Through innovative solutions, SAS helps customers improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster.
Reporting to the Director, Services Sales and Advisory, Australia & New Zealand, the Consulting Practice Lead, Public Security is responsible for driving the development and growth of all Consulting Services in the Public Security domain across Australia and New Zealand.
The Consulting Practice Lead is responsible for driving the development and positioning of compelling services offerings, value propositions and client visions that ultimately shape the customer relationship, secure the future of SAS solutions at our customers and grow the revenue and profitability of the Consulting business.
Through establishing customer relationships and engagements, the Consulting Practice Lead, Public Security function will provide the vehicle through which our customers achieve their objectives and outcomes and transform a world of data into a world of intelligence. #LI-NE1
The Consulting Practice Lead, Public Security, manages and sets the direction and tone for the function and team within the Public Security domain with the following objectives and responsibilities.
- Accountable for driving the profitable growth of the business as an integral component of the SAS Go to Market (GTM) strategy, being a trusted business advisor and advocate of leading best practices to our customers.
- Responsible for the effective qualification, clarification and positioning of revenue generating and profitable Consulting services and associated value proposition, to both Customer and internal SAS stakeholders (Sales, Pre-Sales, Consulting Delivery and Education).
- Responsible for driving services sales growth in both new and existing SAS customers, aligned to the SAS Australia and New Zealand Go To Market (GTM).
- Responsible for building and maintaining executive business relationships and networks in customer accounts, SAS partners and the wider SAS community to drive the growth of the business.
- In conjunction with our Industry and Sales Leads, analyses industry trends and other market information to identify opportunities for SAS Consulting and SAS solutions.
- Proactively communicates SAS Consulting value proposition to internal stakeholders (sales and pre-sales) and SAS Partners that empowers the field Sales force to identify opportunities and successfully position SAS Consulting services alongside SAS solutions to achieve customer outcomes.
- Responsible for achievement of the annual Services Sales financial target (Public security) and Services Sales pipeline (Public Security) for the Australia and New Zealand Consulting business.
- The preferred candidate will be located in Sydney, Melbourne or Canberra, Australia and will be expected to travel periodically to SAS offices and customers in the key operating geographies of SAS Australia and New Zealand.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic sales techniques and principles specifically in software related Services industry.
- Possess the ability to conceptualize client needs and translate them into specific services strategies, position and sell services to achieve the customer outcome.
- Demonstrated strong management, leadership skills and customer centric focus with a drive and ability to win customer engagements and sales through successfully positioned services offerings and value proposition.
- Demonstrated talent awareness and staff development, team building and performance management experience and skills.
- Possess successful Budget & P&L management experience.
- Demonstrated business and consulting knowledge.
- Experienced in change management, persuasion & influence, and / or organisational transformation.
- Public speaking experience, workshop facilitation, or related presentation experience, including sales and management presentations.
- Australian citizen with a clean police record.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, Commerce, Computer Science, or related field
- 10-15 + years’ experience in software and services sales roles, with 5+ in specifically services sales roles within the technology industry, including 5 years in a leadership role and 3+ years in a formal management role.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully achieving a sales target, individually and as a Sales Leader.
- Experience in developing, managing and growing a Consulting Services practice.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn