SAS Global Presales Academy – Systems Engineer, Software (Saudi National)
PLEASE NOTE – THIS PROGRAM IS ONLY OPEN TO CANDIDATES OF SAUDI ARABIAN NATIONALITY
The SAS Global Presales Academy is an 18 week training program that prepares participants for a career as a SAS Systems Engineer. The program provides hands on concentrated technical training in SAS’ core technology (advanced analytics, data management and visualization), consultative skills and methodology, product positioning and business practices and equips trainees with the necessary skills to succeed.
Candidates hired for this position will participate in the training program at SAS' global headquarters in Cary, NC (USA) beginning January 2019.
Upon completion of the presales training program, you will work as an Associate Presales Systems Engineer based in Riyadh, responsible for providing technical assistance for pre-sale and/or post-sale activities utilizing knowledge of SAS’ software and solutions, architecture and industry specific technology.
As an Associate Presales System Engineer, you will:
- Work with the sales team on technical activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Provide consultative services, including architecture recommendations to support proposed solution and possess technical aptitude to solve complex big data business problems based on SAS core competencies in advanced analytics, data management, and visualization.
- Ability to understand customer pain points, translate business requirements into SAS technical products/solutions and link to business value.
- Identify appropriate architecture, applications, tools, and solutions for targeted customer accounts.
- Prepare technical demonstrations, proof of concepts, and value presentations based on client needs.
- Conduct discovery meetings to collect, analyze, clarify and document business technical requirements during the sales cycle to support the sales team and to contribute to the detailed solution proposal.
- Develop familiarity with SAS’ corporate objectives and initiatives, product positioning, and technology roadmaps.
- Please note, this position is only open to Saudi national applicants
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related quantitative field.
- Strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills.
- Academic projects or work experience in information technology, engineering, and/or business analysis.
- Significant project and/or internship experience demonstrating individual and team work abilities.
- Candidates must be willing to relocate to the United States for 18 weeks of training and return to the Riyadh office after successful completion of the program.
- Must be able to obtain a US B1 Business Visitor visa in time for the January program start date
- Strong academic performance - Minimum GPA of 3.0 (on 4.0 scale) or equivalent.
- Candidate must have the ability to travel as business needs dictate.
- Excellent written and oral communication in both country and English language, analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate and present to users from various technical backgrounds.
- Public speaking experience such as presenting papers or classroom teaching.
- Enjoys working on a team and contributing to the overall success of the sales team.
- Self-motivated and able to work under pressure.
- Experience programming in languages such as R, Python, SAS, Lau or similar.
- Knowledge of software development life cycles and agile development.
- Understanding of Unix/ Linux or other operating systems.
- Familiarity with cloud and cloud providers.
- This is an entry-level position.
- Candidates must be willing and able to work in the United States during the 18 week training program.
- To qualify, applicants must have graduated from their university within the last 2 years and must be a Saudi Arabian national with a valid passport.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn