Evaluates Requests for Proposal (RFP), Requests for Quote (RFQ), and Requests for Information (RFI) for strategic fit and participates in sales strategy decisions; coordinates the development and production of proposals in response to requests. Works with sales teams to develop and produce proactive proposals in support of qualified sales initiatives.
- Understands and applies proposal development processes and methodologies.
- Assists sales team in identifying appropriate members for proposal response team.
- Manages the proposal response effort including all meetings necessary during proposal response process.
- Develops proposal outline and proposal response project schedule.
- Serves as liaison for support resources, internal and external, involved in the proposal development effort.
- Ensures all deadlines are met both internally and externally during the response process.
- Maintains project files for each opportunity.
- Works directly with account executives, sales managers, consultants, technical resources, legal professionals, and other internal resources, e.g. printing and mail services team members as required to complete and submit the proposal.
- Ensures proposal fully complies with customer requests and that the information provided is thorough and accurate.
- Conducts post-proposal evaluations, as time permits, to assess customer satisfaction and identifies opportunities for improving the proposal process.
- Develops and produces proactive proposals in support of qualified opportunities to ensure that sales teams’ communication with their customers reflect professionalism and competence.
- Reviews solicitation documents and creates proposal outline prior to kick-off call. Identifies red flags within the solicitation.
- Communicates changes or new information to the team and the impact of those changes on the response.
- Ensures that identified win themes are addressed within proposal documents.
- Acts as the central point of communication for the proposal response team.
- Uses appropriate tools (i.e., Qvidian, WebEx, Lync, SharePoint, etc.) to ensure that all team members are kept abreast of relevant issues and activities.
- Evaluates proposal development processes and methodologies and recommends process improvements as appropriate.
- Reviews and evaluates opportunities to determine appropriateness, strategic fit, and probability of moving accounts forward.
- Assesses the level of previous contact and involvement that the sales team has had with the prospective customer to determine probability of success.
- Performs other sales support activities related to assisting sales teams acquire new business and maintain renewals, including supporting value assessments, PowerPoint presentations, standard proposal templates, and
- Provides Account Executives with information to help them influence customer RFPs.
- Serves as primary point of contact with partnering organizations throughout proposal development.
- Maintains boilerplate responses within repository.
- Coordinates milestone reviews.
- Identifies gaps within draft responses.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of five years of proposal management experience in a technical environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Communication, Journalism, English, or other relevant discipline
- Knowledge of proposal development methodology and sales and marketing principles
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Project management skills
- Skill in organizing, conducting and facilitating project meetings
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team
- Ability to establish and maintain strong, positive internal and external client relationships
- Ability to travel
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn