SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. Through innovative solutions, SAS helps customers improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster.
Our Risk solutions are designed to help senior risk executives and heads of risk departments:
- Improve financial performance by reducing losses, improving capital management and building a risk-aware culture throughout the organization
- Transcend operational silos with an enterprise-wide, fully integrated risk modeling framework that consolidates risk information and provides an accurate, unified view of risk exposures, and delivers critical information to those who need it when they need it
- Reduce time and cost of compliance by establishing processes to ensure data consistency and integrity, and demonstrating system accuracy and control to regulators with documented audit trails, process transparency and complete traceability. #LI-NE1
SAS Risk solutions cover the following areas:
- Credit scoring
- Risk measurement, including market, counterparty credit & operational risk
- Governance, risk & compliance
- Enterprise risk management, including economic & regulatory capital management, and performance management
Risk Intelligence is a key strategic focus area for SAS in the Asia Pacific region. SAS is recognised as one of the world’s leading employers, and the quality of its solutions. This role represents an exciting opportunity for a talented risk management & technology professional to join a highly regarded and growing business.
Work with SAS Sales to grow the RI business for SAS Malaysia, and achieve revenue targets by providing industry/business domain expertise; developing an industry/business domain viewpoint on SAS Offerings and representing those viewpoints to clients; and providing strategic impact to the Sales Vertical go-to-market plans. Design, develop and implement solution & marketing strategies.
Clients will include major banks, insurers, and statutory bodies in the financial system.. Candidate is expected to work with relevant Asia Pacific and global organization stakeholders to ensure solutions are suitable for the local marketplace, address customer needs, are aligned to Industry focus and continue to be leading in their area.
- Provides direct industry/business domain sales support through sales calls, sales tool development, and coaching for the sales force on industry focused account strategies. Leads the sales organization with new account penetration strategies. Involved in all stages of the sales engagement.
- Develops and maintains relationships with partners, key consultancies, and system integrators to establish focused and effective strategic teaming arrangements.
- Develops industry specific sales strategy for assigned industry that enables the SAS sales force to establish SAS as the key industry analytics partner to include the following: identifying industry trends and sources of major disruption in the industry, establishing strategic vision and value propositions based on SAS offerings, and articulating a solution capability at the C-level. This sales strategy will address what to sell and how to sell; and will identify any gaps in SAS’ existing offerings that need to be addressed.
- Participates in activities that demonstrate SAS’ industry experience and leadership. May publish industry articles and white papers. Speaks at internal and external industry events.
- Identifies industry trends and emerging issues and defines SAS’ position regarding these trends and issues; maintains competitor intelligence
- Participates with senior management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with SAS strategic plans; assists in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote industry sales and marketing initiatives.
- Serve as a lead consultant or oversight capacity for Risk projects; effectively oversee delivery of the solution and production of the deliverables
- Coach and develop RI team members and ensures end-to-end readiness of Risk expertise to sell & deliver solutions – includes Sales & Presales enablement
- Design, develop and implement the Solutions business plan, marketing strategy and positioning for the solution across all industry sectors
- Provide internal Leadership & Knowledge-Sharing infrastructure within the framework of the Solutions
- Be the recognised authority in relation to the defined solutions, with major focus on key executive level decision makers and users.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- 10-15 years’ experience in Risk – solution selling / consulting. End user background is an added advantage
- Previous experiences in SAS an added advantage
- Strong understanding of Risk Management as a discipline, including emerging topics, based on practical experience. Breadth of expertise across risk disciplines, including retail/wholesale credit, market risk, operational risk and ERM. Ability to consult with customers – strong written and verbal communication - ability to engage to consult with senior Risk/IT stakeholders
- Strategic, analytical and innovative thinker – ability to evangelize the SAS message
- Team-player with a pragmatic and collaborative approach
- Relevant financial risk qualifications desirable e.g. FRM, PRMIA, CFA
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn
Data is more than just facts and figures. It can tell a story – the past, the present and, potentially, the future of an organisation, an industry or even a nation. But without a good storyteller to bring it to life, data is like an unwritten book. It’s our job at SAS to be great storytellers. With our advanced analytics tools, we transform data into insights that tell the true story about an organisation. We help people understand what’s really working in their businesses, fix what isn’t and discover new opportunities.
For 40 years we’ve been giving our customers the power to know – and through constant innovation we’ve remained the leader in analytics software and services.
Yes SAS makes great software, but it’s our people who make the real difference. Our people look beyond facts and figures to deliver the insights our customers need. We want our people to truly love what they do – so we’ve worked hard to establish a culture that fosters creativity, collaboration and innovation. We’re proud to be recognised by the Great Place to Work® Institute where we are ranked No. 2 globally.
We value diversity in our workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. So if you are interested in joining us then we’d love to hear from you. Check out our careers page for more information about life at SAS and current role vacancies. And if you want to hear more about those great stories we keep talking about, our customer stories tell a powerful tale about how the use of SAS’ advanced analytics is transforming our customer’s worlds.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS will not accept any unsolicited resumes from recruitment agencies. Please do not submit any CVs or candidate profiles to the SAS Talent Acquisition team, nor to any SAS personnel. SAS will not pay for any fees relating to unsolicited resumes.