SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Participates and/or leads in design and implementation of complex solution architectures; participates in the design process; Relates technical concepts to SAS System applications and user needs and oversees the technical progress of ongoing services projects. Focuses on the underlying SAS technology core and may specialize in specific technical areas such as security, data management, system integration, user interface. Assists the sales team with technical sales activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and provides SAS consulting services, including solution development, implementation and closeout at customer sites.
Team responsibilities may be included depending on experience of the candidate.
- Analyzes all information gathered during the sales cycle to provide technical requirements and, working collaboratively with delivery technical lead or delivery technical architect, to translate sales technical vision into a detailed technical implementation proposal.
- Scopes and defines work effort, supports resource planning and estimates cost on technical aspects of the project. Conducts project requirements gathering.
- May work on consulting projects and special projects as assigned; acts as technical lead as assigned (Consulting).
- Delivers standard and/or customized software demonstrations and presentations outlining the technical features, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS software as they apply to client needs.
- Builds a trusted relationship with the Account Executive and client account to provide practical guidance in the functional and technical aspects of proposed software and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction (Sales).
- Provides reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Leverages detailed technical knowledge to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains.
- May perform advanced or complex prototyping for SAS foundation technologies.
- Installs SAS software solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes as assigned.
- May conduct pre-sales implementations to prove functional capabilities, including on-site support as required.
- May assist in the response to RFI/RFPs utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers.
- Strategizes with sales team to provide functional and technical leadership for sales opportunities.
- Looks for opportunities to expand a tactical sale into something strategic for SAS and the client, utilizing SAS Technical Support to facilitate responses to issues that may impact a sales opportunity.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- Provides support for user group events and trade shows.
- Works proactively with Systems Engineers for the purpose of cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to other technical SAS resources.
- May assist the sales team with complex technical sales activities
- Participates and leads design process.
- Designs complex architectures
- Able to install/configure a number of SAS solutions and products
- Produce excellent customer documentation
- Interact with Technical Support to verify and discuss issues around specific architectures at client sites
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated thought leadership in architecture topics (e.g. published articles, led demand generation activities, and/ or speaking experience at technical tracks for conferences and events).
- Strong facilitation and communications skills.
- Holistic knowledge of industry standards, methodologies and SAS foundation technologies, architecture and resources.
- Clear understanding of data warehousing concepts and best practices.
- Strong understanding on sales strategies and cycles.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, decision-making and people skills.
- Ability to work independently and potential to mentor/ guide junior team members.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn