SAS is a trusted analytics powerhouse for organizations seeking immediate value from their data. A deep bench of analytics solutions and broad industry knowledge keep our customers coming back and feeling confident. With SAS®, you can discover insights from your data and make sense of it all. Identify what’s working and fix what isn’t. Make more intelligent decisions. And drive relevant change.
Through innovative software and services, SAS empowers and inspires customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Giving you The Power to Know®
AI & Machine Learning - Advanced Analytics - Internet of Things (IoT) - Customer Intelligence - Data Management - Cloud - Risk Management - Fraud & Security Intelligence
A consultative selling professional with the ability to work as part of a cohesive sales bid team to sell consulting and implementation services for SAS. Coordinates across sales, delivery, finance, legal and technical to develop proposals and statements of work in both sole-sourced and RFP based opportunities – to help our clients address their business problems.
Leads sales and business development efforts for broad range of consulting services, such as implementation delivery of industry solutions, standalone services for analytics, modeling, reporting and data management services, IT administration support and managed services, deployment support and management, business consulting, analytics advisory and Results-as-a-Service.
Reporting to the Professional Services Director and you will be based in Malaysia but expected to support strategic opportunities across ASEAN and travel as needed.
- Work on opportunities with Account/Sales Executives and Sales Directors to position SAS solutions in collaboration with technical experts and industry/domain experts.
- Qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process and funding.
- Discover and uncover requirements from customers/prospects and tailor our proposition and solution to meet those requirements.
- Develops estimations working with broader team of technical consultants, project managers, architects and specialists from across the globe.
- Develop proposals, SOWs and RFP responses with appropriate value propositions.
- Work with multiple partners to integrate solutions as a prime bidder.
- Contract pricing and negotiation
- Perform short advisory engagements to do assessments and develop roadmaps for our clients business issues.
- Ability to create a vision and articulate the value of Consulting Services to CXO level customer stakeholders. Prepare and deliver presentations to senior management (CXO) levels.
- Collaborates with Sales Executives/Directors in order to pursue relationships and opportunities in parallel to widen the bandwidth of sales activity, build trust with all customer contacts, and to promote and maintain the integrity of the SAS/client relationship.
- Partners with sales team to develop and manage overall Account Engagement Plan (AEP) that documents all Opportunities, Action Plans, the support resources required, and the timeframes for all elements.
- Adhere to policies in pricing and deal approval process
- Coordinates resources for the sales and implementation of complex services agreements.
- Actively participates in services pre-sales calls and presentations; identifies goals, evaluates account needs and designs appropriate demonstrations.
- Provides roadmap to customer of how to incorporate additional SAS solutions into their business.
- May use domain expertise during the pre-sales cycle as it relates to the customer business issues.
- Provides input into the design and documentation of internal processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of strategic sales techniques; SAS solutions and services, architecture and resources
- Clear understanding of sales strategies and cycles
- Ability to develop comprehensive complex proposals with assumptions at sufficient level of detail to ensure customer and SAS success
- Ability to initiate and lead projects; ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to work independently; ability to travel
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills, decision making, and interpersonal skills
- Minimum 8 years work experience and bachelor’s degree
- Experience in data and analytics projects preferred
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn