Reporting to Head of Project Management Office (PMO), Professional Services. Serves as customer liaison on projects to assure success throughout entire customer life cycle. Interacts with clients/customers, staff, Group Managers, and applicable departments at SAS. Leverages domain and industry expertise. Understands the sales cycle and the concept of business solution selling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Senior Project Manager will be responsible for managing projects that will drive and deliver change in support of the business strategy for Regulatory program (ie. Basel, Credit Risk, IFRS) and among others, aligned to regulatory drivers.
- Close alignment with client Project Manager to ensure realistic plans are developed, respective milestones tracked, met and reporting provided
- Manage complex dependencies and stakeholders across projects, departments andentities
- Acts as a Program Manager to guide PMs and monitor projects assigned
- Ensure that required projects are being set-up, staffed and planned within the required project budget
- Ensure projects are delivering to agreed plans and budget and is foresight to ensure aligned with other projects within the same client, if required
- Ensure all project management activities conducted both on administrative and project level including risk, issue & scope management, budget controlling, reporting, preparation of PSC presentation slides, planning and plan reviews, staffing and dependency management with business and other departments
- Deliver regulatory initiatives, ensuring that required changes are delivered to externally driven timelines mandated by the regulator(s)
- Deal with demanding business clients, and must be able to balance the needs of the business with IT's capacity for delivery
- Experience in managing team that varies from own resources to business partners (locally / overseas)
- Work closely with business and IT management and teams to plan and manage all phases of IT and business work
- Ensure project plans, forecasts, status, and all other project documentation is up to date and managed appropriately in KMS under SAS Professional Services PMO processes
- Develop required planning and controlling mechanisms, ensure timely delivery of individual phases within budget
- Manage interface with business clients, stakeholders and other involved parties
- Manage project communications including preparation of presentations and representation of the project at steering meetings and working groups with IT and the business.
- Install and maintain project management best practices like progress tracking, change & scope management, risk & issue management, budget controlling etc.
- Support PS internal initiatives to improve project management methods and procedures
- Assist in preparing proposals and preparation of presentation materials for demo/POC
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn