Senior Account Executive
Responsible for sales of SAS software products, solutions and services in a high volume, multi-tasking environment to prospective and current accounts.
- You will sell software, solutions and services to current and prospective customers; works with other sales/pre-sales/domain/personnel to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory. Between South Africa and Nigeria.
- You will be fulfilling a wide range of requests for information from prospective customers. Qualifies level of opportunity and resources required.
- Prospects within a territory or account to uncover business needs.
- You will implement aspects of territory and account management and development; identifies accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies, advances opportunity through milestone steps of sales cycle and forecast time frames to close business within Orion.
- You will work closely with pre-sales resources and executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential opportunities.
- You will prepare standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for delivery services.
- Follow up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
- Develop a basic understanding of company pricing, licensing procedures and approvals matrix.
- Fully utilizes account planning process and tools (Account Plans and Opportunity Plans within BASE).
- You will perform other duties, as assigned.Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered
- Physical Requirements:
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Work is typically performed in an office environment, using simple, easy muscular movements, involving only the handling of light materials, tools, or equipment in easy work positions, and with no special speed requirements or long stretches of exertion. Vision requirements for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- May work on tactical sales within major accounts
- Lead research within a territory or account to uncover business opportunities
- Support senior account executives in developing account plans.
- Research on reference customers and appropriate solutions
- Apply knowledge of company marketing goals and objectives, SAS applications, supported hardware platforms, marketing and business trends, and industry knowledge to assess account needs.
- Recommends appropriate solutions.
- Works closely with virtual sales team, account managers and executives to facilitate timely response to highly qualified, high revenue potential leads.
- Assists in evaluation of territory or account potential; uses BASE or Strategic selling methodology, pipeline management and forecasting to identify accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies, and forecasts time frames to close business.
- Develops action plans to close business for accounts.
- Develops plans to identify accounts that have the potential for further development and executes them.
- Teams with pre-sales resources and executives on strategic account development opportunities.
- Customizes and sells solution and consulting packages to match account needs with Institute offerings, along with external partnership offerings.
- Utilizes BASE or Strategic selling methodology, strategic concepts, and techniques.
- Conducts significant direct contact with customers and travel to customer sites.
- Serves as a resource for team members in all aspects of territory management, policies and procedures, marketing goals and objectives, SAS System applications, hardware platforms, market trends and business and industry knowledge.
- Sets goals and objectives based on evaluation of territory potential and matches company and divisional initiatives.
- Actively participates in sales calls and presentations; identifies goals, evaluates account needs, and designs appropriate demonstrations.
- Applies knowledge of Institute marketing goals and objectives, SAS applications, supported hardware platforms, and marketing trends to assess account needs.
- Assumes responsibility for all activity in accounts and new revenue, both software and services, works with consulting staff to position service solutions and leverage sales opportunities.
- Directs internal Institute resources, including pre-sales and post-sales services, contracts, etc. to reach objectives.
- Assumes consultative role in dealing with technical issues and interpreting applications needs; prepares customer profiles based on needs analysis of hardware, software, applications, and user levels.
- Prepares complex quotations and proposal information as needed; works to customize quotes and proposals and to coordinate resources across divisions.
- Conducts extensive follow-up with customers to track satisfaction levels and uncover additional opportunities.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to customers at the highest level of management.
- Effectively manages business expenses.
- Role model in their development of Go-To-Market (GTM) account sales strategies.
- Demonstrates mastery at securing meetings and delivering value proposition to C-level suite.
- Manages largest and/or most strategic accounts. Proposes value-add alternatives that benefit both the customer and SAS.
- As an expert in the field, routinely leverages professional concepts in developing resolution to critical internal/external issues thru use of the following tools – BASE, Revegy Tool and others.
- Is a leader in goal and object setting based on evaluation of territory potential and matches company and divisional initiatives.
- Takes full accountability to leading initiatives or projects that extend beyond the sales organization.
- Develops strategy to preserve and grow the renewal revenue base in parallel to new revenue growth.
- Viewed by customers as a Partner/Trusted Advisor. Customers proactively seek out their advisement.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge on sales techniques, good written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills, good organizational skills.
- Ability to work and learn independently; ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to work in fast paced, high volume sales environment.
- Knowledge of advanced sales techniques; good written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills, good organizational skills.
- Ability to work and learn independently; ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to travel occasionally; ability to work in a fast paced, high volume sales environment.
- Knowledge of SAS products, solutions and services preferred
- Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS, or other relevant discipline.
- MBA is a plus.
- A minimum of 8-10 years of IT Sales experience, selling to many industry including mainly the banking field.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn