If you have to spend, on average, 54% of your waking hours at work, why not do something meaningful – that you can be proud of? SAS is making a difference in people’s lives all around the world. Our analytics software helps organizations make the kinds of important decisions that drive change each and every day – like how to capture the bad guys, keep kids safe, feed the hungry, and even ensure that people who struggle to learn are not lost.
Evaluates Requests for Proposal (RFP), Requests for Quote (RFQ), and Requests for Information (RFI) for strategic fit and participates in sales strategy decisions; coordinates the development and production of proposals in response to requests. Works with sales teams to develop and produce proactive proposals in support of qualified sales initiatives.
- Understands and applies proposal development processes and methodologies.
- Assists sales team in identifying appropriate members for proposal response team.
- Manages the proposal response effort including all meetings necessary during proposal response process.
- Develops proposal outline and proposal response project schedule.
- Serves as liaison for support resources, internal and external, involved in the proposal development effort.66Ensures all deadlines are met both internally and externally during the response process.
- Maintains project files for each opportunity.
- Works directly with account executives, sales managers, consultants, pre-sales, alliances, technical resources, legal professionals, and other internal resources, as required to complete and submit the proposal.
- Ensures proposal fully complies with customer requests and that the information provided is thorough and accurate.
- Conducts post-proposal evaluations, as time permits, to assess customer satisfaction and identifies opportunities for improving the proposal process.
- Develops and produces proactive proposals in support of qualified opportunities to ensure that sales teams’ communication with their customers reflect professionalism and competence.
- Reviews solicitation documents and creates proposal outline prior to kick-off call. Identifies red flags within the solicitation.
- Communicates changes or new information to the team and the impact of those changes on the response.
- Ensures that identified win themes are addressed within proposal documents.
- Acts as the central point of communication for the proposal response team.
- Uses appropriate tools (i.e., Qvidian, WebEx, Lync, SharePoint, etc.) to ensure that all team members are kept abreast of relevant issues and activities.
- Evaluates proposal development processes and methodologies and recommends process improvements as appropriate.
- Reviews and evaluates opportunities to determine appropriateness, strategic fit, and probability of moving accounts forward.
- Assesses the level of previous contact and involvement that the sales team has had with the prospective customer to determine probability of success.
- Performs other sales support activities related to assisting sales teams acquire new business and maintain renewals, including supporting value assessments, PowerPoint presentations, and standard proposal templates.
- Provides Account Executives with information to help them influence customer RFPs.
- Serves as primary point of contact with partnering organizations throughout proposal development.
- Maintains boilerplate responses within repository.
- Coordinates milestone reviews.
- Identifies gaps within draft responses.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of proposal development methodology and sales and marketing principles
- Experience with Canadian federal and/or provincial procurement processes
- Secret or Top-Secret security clearance is preferred
- Bilingual (English/French) a must
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills
- Strong MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Project management skills
- Skill in organizing, conducting and facilitating project meetings
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team
- Ability to establish and maintain strong, positive internal and external client relationships
- Ability to travel
- Bachelor's degree in Technical Communication, Journalism, Business, I.T., English, or other relevant discipline
- APMP. Foundation or APMP. Practitioner certification an asset
- Three to Five years of proposal management experience in a technical environment with two years proposal management or three years of experience in technical/grant writing.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.