SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits. #LI-NE1
The PMO Manager role is responsible for ensuring that ANZ Consulting is delivering to consistent method and quality of execution across all Consulting engagements, through sales cycle to implementation. This is a customer facing role in that the PMO Manager and function will actively engage with Customer stakeholders, SAS Project teams and SAS Partners in the field to achieve Customer Outcomes and SAS company objectives.
The PMO Manager:
- Responsible for the establishment and management of a project methodology incorporating structures, standards, processes, documentation and reporting which is agile, fits the needs of the project and puts emphasis on the quality of decision making and timely project delivery.
- Supports consulting resources by providing resources/artefacts to facilitate and enhance the value and quality of project delivery (i.e., training/learning, knowledge sharing, etc).
- Governance, Review and Recommendation: Engages in the project life cycle implementation process to facilitate and support the successful delivery by pro-actively working with Customer and Project team.
- Review of Bids / Proposals to ensure that projects are being proposed in line with SAS best practice and methodologies and ability to execute in that manner
- Assists in project planning and initiation to ensure that projects are initiated to appropriate standards, methodologies and process
- Review of projects to ensure they are meeting quality standards and customer outcomes. In particular, the PMO function works with large / complex / strategic projects in a billable capacity during key phases
- Provides leadership on direction of projects and initiatives; coordinates activities with other business units within the company.
- Analyzes business propositions and plans, investigates options, and recommends most appropriate course of action.
- Serves as a liaison between our customers, SAS and other Partner organisations.
- Builds relationships with internal clients that characterize partnership, cooperation and trust.
- Provides review of and regular reports to Consulting management on status of projects/programs and initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with senior/executive management and consultants
- Comfortable in working in a matrix management environment to influence and persuade stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and program strategies
- Proven time management and negotiation skills
- Ability to give attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work effectively with customers, both external and internal
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion
SAS has been the leader in Business Analytics solutions for over 30 and since its inception, SAS has benefited from the skills and commitment of exceptional people. Today, as always, we seek the best talent to build on our 36-year success story. In return, SAS employees enjoy a supportive environment, outstanding opportunities for professional growth, and a chance to help SAS drive the new economy and provide innovative solutions for business decision makers across the globe. With more than 55,000 customer sites worldwide and customers from 90 percent of the Fortune 500, SAS is the world's largest privately held software company. That means we don't answer to Wall Street. We answer to our customers – and our employees.
SAS is consistently rated one of the world’s best employers – come and see what the fuss is about!
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn