SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits. #LI-NE1
The PMO Manager role is responsible for ensuring that ANZ Consulting is delivering to consistent method and quality of execution across all Consulting engagements, through sales cycle to implementation. This is a customer facing role in that the PMO Manager and function will actively engage with Customer stakeholders, SAS Project teams and SAS Partners in the field to achieve Customer Outcomes and SAS company objectives.
The PMO Manager:
- Responsible for the establishment and management of a project methodology incorporating structures, standards, processes, documentation and reporting which is agile, fits the needs of the project and puts emphasis on the quality of decision making and timely project delivery.
- Supports consulting resources by providing resources/artefacts to facilitate and enhance the value and quality of project delivery (i.e., training/learning, knowledge sharing, etc).
- Governance, Review and Recommendation: Engages in the project life cycle implementation process to facilitate and support the successful delivery by pro-actively working with Customer and Project team.
- Review of Bids / Proposals to ensure that projects are being proposed in line with SAS best practice and methodologies and ability to execute in that manner
- Assists in project planning and initiation to ensure that projects are initiated to appropriate standards, methodologies and process
- Review of projects to ensure they are meeting quality standards and customer outcomes. In particular, the PMO function works with large / complex / strategic projects in a billable capacity during key phases
- Recommendations and initiation of remediation activities with customer/project as required
- Contract governance for large/complex project and or projects with higher profile for reputational/financial risk
- Creation, Harvesting and access to Knowledge, Experience and Capability. Leverages internal knowledge of processes/procedures, methodologies and best practices to support consulting services.
- Assist and advise Project stakeholders and teams to the best use of project management disciplines and approaches
- Act as the primary contact / reference point for PMO queries and information and an advocate for best practices
- Creates, harvests and share artefacts linked to best practices, lessons learned, methodology and process across programs
- Establishes relationship with other Consulting PMO / DMO functions in APAC and globally to facilitate the access to artefacts, knowledge, experience
- Specifically adds artefacts to and leverages SAS Knowledge Base
- Manages and/or supports the development and execution of strategies and/or programs for Consulting; aligns program scope with strategic business objectives.
- Analyzes existing business problems and develops plans for improvement.
- Identifies opportunities for streamlining operations and drives implementation of initiatives related to these opportunities.
- Provides leadership on direction of projects and initiatives; coordinates activities with other business units within the company.
- Analyzes business propositions and plans, investigates options, and recommends most appropriate course of action.
- Serves as a liaison between our customers, SAS and other Partner organisations.
- Builds relationships with internal clients that characterize partnership, cooperation and trust.
- Provides review of and regular reports to Consulting management on status of projects/programs and initiatives.
Financial & Risk Management
- Track and report on project portfolio performance, providing a real-time, comprehensive, and prioritized view of all projects
- Monitor major project to ensure achievement of cost efficiency and acting to correct any adverse variances
- Assist Consulting Managers/Practice Leads and Project Managers to incorporate strategies for cost efficiencies within their business case and project design
- Contributes to overall profitability of SAS by monitoring all areas of project expenditure and reporting on performance against variations
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with senior/executive management and consultants
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Comfortable in working in a matrix management environment to influence and persuade stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Excellent knowledge and competence in related business functional area
- Ability to communicate technical concepts and program strategies
- Proven time management and negotiation skills
- Ability to give attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work effectively with customers, both external and internal
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion
SAS has been the leader in Business Analytics solutions for over 30 and since its inception, SAS has benefited from the skills and commitment of exceptional people. Today, as always, we seek the best talent to build on our 36-year success story. In return, SAS employees enjoy a supportive environment, outstanding opportunities for professional growth, and a chance to help SAS drive the new economy and provide innovative solutions for business decision makers across the globe. With more than 55,000 customer sites worldwide and customers from 90 percent of the Fortune 500, SAS is the world's largest privately held software company. That means we don't answer to Wall Street. We answer to our customers – and our employees.
SAS Australia and New Zealand envisions and strives to maintain a workplace that sees its employees motivated, innovative, inspired and committed. SAS employees are always willing to go the extra mile; working together, using initiative and creativity to find solutions and achieve goals. Through a range of programs and initiatives, we encourage staff participation and true ownership over their work and their environment.
SAS is consistently rated one of the world’s best employers – come and see what the fuss is about!
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn