Assists sales teams with solution sales activities to ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and maximize revenue opportunities. Develops and enhances personal and group skills primarily for the benefit of the pre-sales process. Possesses a strong user-focused knowledge of a range SAS products. Participates in and may lead the design process. Ability to relate technical concepts and business requirements to SAS applications and user needs. Uses strong problem solving skills to outline a SAS solution to customer needs. Excellent public speaking skills both in small and large group settings.
- Builds a trusted relationship with Account Executives, and client account to provide practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of proposed solution and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives for customer meetings, understands how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional solution leadership for sales opportunities.
- Leverages knowledge of a domain, industry, and SAS solutions to increase SAS’s credibility primarily in sales situations.
- Participates in discovery meeting to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the sales cycle to produce a detailed solution proposal.
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic, senior level solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS solutions as they apply to client needs.
- Assists in the response to RFI/RFP’s utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers with a focus on domain and business value.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings and assigned solution areas, how each solution addresses business challenges, competitive information to identify how our solution stands apart, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
- Utilizes knowledge of broad range of SAS software to design and demonstrate solutions to emerging and unique customer needs using current SAS offerings.
- Utilizes general technical knowledge of computer operating systems, memory, and storage and programming skills especially as it pertains to SAS Solutions.
- Understanding of enterprise level business process flows in areas related to supported solutions.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies internally and externally.
- Provides support for regional business development activities and marketing events.
- Participating in, supporting and/or delivering customized Proof of Concepts.
- Works proactively with Systems Engineers, Technical Architects and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Provides executive level sales strategy.
- Assists the sales team with complex solution sales activities.
- Uses domain/industry/solution expertise to lead pre-sales activities.
- Works in more than one solution area.
- May also assist during implementation/design.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated thought leader in a single domain or industry (publishes articles, leads demand generation activities, and speaks in the business track at conferences/events).
- Strong facilitation and communications skills.
- Must have expert knowledge of SAS technology, architecture and resources.
- Demonstrated understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
- Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Statistics, Data Science, Business, Computer Science, or related field.
- Typically requires twelve years of technical sales, systems engineering, project management, applications development and/or customer support.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn