SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. Through innovative solutions, SAS helps customers improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster.
SAS is a recognized leader & ranks highest in The Q3 2018 Forrester Wave™: Multimodal Predictive Analytics and Machine Learning (PAML) Platforms. (Source: https://www.sas.com/en_ph/news/analyst-viewpoints/forrester-names-sas-leader-in-predictive-analytics-machine-learning.html)
A quintessential platform for operationalizing enterprise-class Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning, SAS combines technology leadership in data preparation, visualization, advanced analytics and model deployment. SAS unifies the entire machine learning process, from data access/transformation and preparation to scoring, in one environment – to support value propositions. SAS’ flagship platform (SAS VIYA) enables our customers with the latest statistical, machine learning, deep learning and text analysis algorithms that accelerate structured and unstructured data explorations, while also supporting popular open source languages.
In the Communications arena, SAS is the analytics provider of choice at many Tier 1 and 2 CSPs (telecoms and cable), particularly wireless network operators and multi-play service providers. Our Communications-aligned solutions are designed to help a wide spectrum of users ranging from Network engineers to Senior executives with uncovering & leveraging analytics for decision making.
This position exists to exploit, develop and solution towards business opportunities in the Communications market where shareholder value is maximized through the applications of advanced analytics. The individual is expected to provide strategic & technical industry thought leadership for software pre-sale and post-sale activities utilizing knowledge of the Communications industry or industry segment processes and challenges.
- Engage Telco executives at all levels, establish thought leadership, credibility and presence with deep Communications Industry experience & knowledge
- Identify anticipated market needs & shape SAS’ value proposition(s) to pro-actively provoke & address the needs of the market
- Develop & deliver differentiated Communications specific product & solution messaging with Global/Regional/Local teams
- Formulate & drive Go-to-market plans & strategies with SAS internal & external partners
- Prior network engineering experience at a CSP is highly preferred. In addition, cross-platform (wireless, wireline, cable/fiber) experience at a vendor (Nokia, Ericsson, Huawei, Cisco, Juniper Networks, etc…) would be beneficial as well.
- Direct experience & deep knowledge in the following select functions is highly desirable:
- Network engineering expertise with modern carrier architectures (5G, FMC, IoT) and next generation networks
- Technical strategy & aptitude - Direct experience on 5G, Fixed Mobile Convergence & Content (FMC), Internet of Things (IoT) and Software Defined network/Network Function Virtualization (SDN/NFV) projects
- Vendor & Client Management – In a vendor and/or Sales capacity
- Solution Development and Delivery – technical expert representative across teams, clients and the Telecommunications technology industry
- Consumer and/or Enterprise Marketing
- Performance Management – Performance indicators and service standards
- Active speaking experience at major industry circuits & conferences (such as TMForum, Mobile World Congress, CommunicAsia, etc) is highly preferred
To be successful in this role, you will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Statistics, Data Science, Business, Computer Science, or related field.
- Demonstrated thought leader in a single domain or industry (publishes articles, leads demand generation activities, and speaks in the business track at conferences/events).
- Strong facilitation and communications skills.
- Must have expert knowledge of SAS technology, architecture and resources.
- Demonstrated understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
- Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn