SAS is the leader in analytics. Formed in 1976, SAS develops and markets software systems that allow companies to gather, store, access and analyze corporate data to aid in decision-making. SAS has customers at more than 83,000 sites, which span financial services, business, government and higher education.
SAS offers business solutions that leverage our advanced analytics, leading data management and reporting tools. SAS is rated a leader in the provision of Risk Management solutions. These include:
- Stress Testing
- Model Risk Management
- Regulatory Risk Management
- Credit Scoring
- Insurance Risk (IFRS17)
Our risk business in Asia Pacific is growing rapidly. In 2018, we will continue to grow our banking customer base, and expand into the insurance sector.
This role is an opportunity to join one of the world’s leading employers, and help drive the growth of our Asia Pacific Risk business in an exciting and dynamic market.
This role will provide technical assistance for software pre-sale and post-sale activities utilizing knowledge of industry or industry segment processes and challenges.
The role will provide support across ASEAN (Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Philippines, Vietnam and Indonesia), and work closely with Sales, Presales, Marketing, Professional Services (responsible for implementation of risk solutions) and Alliances.
The successful candidate will have a background in the insurance industry, but be expected to cover risk management topics in both banking and insurance.
- Works with sales staff to outline available products and leverage sales opportunities
- Works with Regional and Country leadership to define country specific go-to-market approach. Aligns that approach across required support functions
- Understands customer business needs, identifies appropriate applications, tools, and solutions for targeted accounts
- Plans and implements, in conjunction with Account Executive, customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account satisfaction.
- Provides support for demand generation activities, including vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings
- Prepares prototype solutions and presentations based on opportunity analysis.
- Develops familiarity with company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models.
EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE
- At least 5 years’ experience in insurance, with good knowledge of financial accounting
- May also have experience in banking risk management
- At least 4 years consultative sales experience gained from a Big 4 or another software vendor
- Strong knowledge of market drivers, regulatory & compliance topics including IFRS and Stress Testing
- Technical expertise in SAS an advantage
- Ability to consult with customers – strong written and verbal communication - ability to engage to consult with Risk/IT stakeholders
- Strategic, analytical and innovative thinker
- Team-player with a pragmatic and collaborative approach
- Relevant financial risk qualifications desirable e.g. FRM, PRMIA, CFA
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn