Technical Architect Global Hosting and Professional Services
Leverage your knowledge and experience of SAS technology and architecture to support and drive the continued profitable revenue growth from the SAS Cloud and other lines of business for Global Hosting.
Apply expertise in technical architecture, vision creation, best practices, and overall technical knowledge to guide and support sales and business development towards successful outcomes.
Lead the design of customer solutions and repeatable propositions, applying technical concepts and commercial acumen to produce credible and cost-effective technical architectures that meet the requirements and expectations of prospects and customers.
You will possess the ability to build confidence and trust through excellent communications, consulting and presentation skills.
As a member of a global and highly experienced team, you will get the opportunity to develop and enhance your skills and abilities, and to contribute knowledge and ideas that increase customer satisfaction, profitability, and efficiencies in line with the SAS values and business plan.
- Development and pricing of optimal architectures for individual sales and repeatable propositions
- Support to the production of compelling collateral that highlights the value of SAS Cloud solutions
- Design and implementation of reusable and repeatable pricing tools and reference architectures to drive efficiency and consistency in sales cycles
- Trusted relationships with account executives and sales management
- Liaison between delivery and sales teams to ensure that deliverables, pricing and other expectations are correctly set to ensure successful projects and customer satisfaction.
- Feedback from sales situations to ensure that the capabilities of SAS cloud facilities and services continue to evolve to meet the needs of the growing market for analytics solutions in the cloud.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, engineering or similar
- Three years of technical sales, systems engineering, applications development and/or technical architecture
- Broad knowledge of SAS technology, architecture and resources
- Experience in the design of SAS (or similar) Solutions – preferably from presales through to implementation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English
- Commercial awareness, and first-hand involvement in sales-cycles
- Experience with cloud technology and capabilities
- Skills and experience in facilitation or consulting
- Good sales awareness
- Problem solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience