SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned software sales leader who has solid experience in the FSI domain to join a leading MNC in the analytics space and drive our success to its next level.
You will lead a team of experienced account executives to drive revenue growth of FSI practice in North China. This includes formulating and implementing strategic business plans to achieve corporate and team objectives, developing and strengthening client relationship, as well as nurturing a high-performing culture within the team.
3 best things about this job
- Opportunity to manage top tier banks, plus joint-stock banks / major regional banks headquartered in Beijing area.
- Along with the booming market of AI and Big Data Analytics worldwide, this role could help strategize and unlock considerable opportunities for SAS solutions in the FSI space.
- This is a critical leadership role in SAS Greater China and there will be a broad array of career advancement opportunities for the successful candidate.
- Responsible for achievement of total software revenue target and management business objectives (MBOs)
- Plans and implements growth plans for software, consulting services, and education services.
- Directs management of sales and sales support activities for staff members to implement growth plans and sales activities.
- Develop and implement marketing, sales and business development plans to exceed target levels.
- Generate new business through strategic selling and managing relationships with key customers.
- Assigns appropriate sales goals and assignments to sales staff; determines optimal utilization of staff and resources to achieve sales goals.
- Responsible for communication with sales management team to coordinate account strategies.
- Responsible for hiring, directing and evaluating sales team.
- Works in conjunction with the Strategic Pricing Group to negotiate contracts and bids.
- Formulate business plan to support the business development process.
- Determines equitable sales assignments.
- Responsible for timely and accurate forecasting (PTG) of software, consulting services, and education services.
- Ensures team alignment toward BASE sales approach and utilization of Orion, Account Plans and Opportunity Plan development.
- Analyzes and implements company sales initiatives at the regional or national industry level and develops short and long-term plans to address industry and competitor trends.
- Participates in large scale negotiations and interfaces with senior management at customer sites using office-to-office selling techniques.
- Manages large, complex, non-standard implementations.
- Sought by Customer Executives as a trusted advisor to solve complex business problems.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven ability to manage, negotiate, and close multiple complex sales opportunities that may be international in scope.
- Demonstrated understanding of strategic sales techniques and principles, specifically in the software industry, as well as selling to Fortune 500 companies and/or large governmental institutions based on knowledge of corporate/government software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Demonstrated capability to effectively allocate regional resources to meet sales objectives.
- Demonstrated knowledge in the FSI space, preferably banking sector.
- Excellent people skills; strong learning agility and leadership.
Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, Computer Science, or quantitative field.
Typically requires fifteen years of experience in software sales, including nine years in a leadership role, coordinating and/or supervising technical projects within the technology industry and five years in a formal management role. Demonstrated experience in successfully and consistently achieving sales target. Experience of managing top tier banks in Beijing highly preferred. Good network with senior executives of major banks advantageous.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn