If you have to spend, on average, 54% of your waking hours at work, why not do something meaningful – that you can be proud of? SAS is making a difference in people’s lives all around the world. Our analytics software helps organizations make the kinds of important decisions that drive change each and every day – like how to capture the bad guys, keep kids safe, feed the hungry, and even ensure that people who struggle to learn are not lost.
SAS is looking for an experienced risk and finance delivery Program Director to coordinates all aspects of service offerings and delivery of risk solutions to financial services organizations. This direction will be provided from the inception to installation and steady state. Projects may involve system integration or consulting projects/engagements. May work at client site from time to time. Typically involves extensive interaction with sales, systems engineering, product development, and other members of cross-functional teams. Typically focused on the delivery of new or enhanced solutions using technology.
- Responsible for maintaining alignment of program scope with strategic business objectives and making recommendations to adjust program scope to align with strategic business intent.
- Drive implementation life cycle for programs from inception through delivery for new and upgraded professional services or offerings.
- Serves as escalation point for project issues across the accounts or program workstreams.
- Identify new software or services opportunities within the account or program and communicate to the appropriate SAS management team(s).
- Generate and drive program schedules, milestones, and phase review processes.
- Anticipate and resolve cross-functional project related issues and work with Project Managers to implement improvements.
- Identify the interdependencies between the different projects in the program and monitor them through the different project lifecycles (Multi-Project Management)
- Measure and monitor internal, external and stakeholder client satisfaction and implement processes to improve satisfaction.
- Formulate, monitor and report metrics to measure and communicate program goals and schedules to cross-functional teams.
- Work with functional and constituent managers/project managers to define requirements for resources and coordinate the sharing of resources.
- Use program and portfolio management accountability methods and processes to ensure quality programs.
- Collaborate with SAS technical teams to ensure technology or implementation issues are quickly resolved.
- Identify and communicate training and support needs to enable consultants, project managers and partners to provide implementation services or offerings on new initiatives and updates.
- Assess and monitor risks, recommend and manage mitigating actions commensurate with risk levels.
- Create and maintain electronic shared repository of program management information for all programs.
- Contribute leading practices and lessons learned content to knowledge management repositories.
- Provide leadership modeling and mentoring to Implementation Project Managers.
- Facilitate and lead change through formal Change Management procedures and informally through exercising leadership in customer facing program roles.
For those in global roles:
- Survey, analyze and create recommendations on programs to successfully achieve global stakeholder consensus.
- Facilitate creation, maintenance, and global acceptance of standards, methodologies, and leading practices for global professional services.
- Serve as an advisor to appropriate SAS Management Teams.
- Develop and improve program processes and metrics that enable project managers, domain, business and technical consultants to successfully implement new technologies and solutions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Extensive experience with software solution deliver for the financial services market specifically around risk and/or finance.
- Strong knowledge of financial services risk and finance processes.
- Ability to build credibility, establish rapport and maintain communication with stakeholders at multiple executive levels, including those external to the organization
- Excellent presentation, negotiation, and communication skills
- Ability to facilitate collaboration across differing interests and agendas
- Significant experience in directing multi-cultural, global programs
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the education requirement stated above.
The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
Resumes may be considered in the order they are received.
SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn