SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
SAS is currently seeking hands-on consultants to join the Global Risk Advisory and Delivery practice at SAS. The IFRS9/Stress Testing Risk Specialist is a critical role at SAS – these consultants will play a vital role in the successful implementation of SAS Risk solutions – they will provide necessary business, functional and technical knowledge to ensure client teams, SAS consultants, and partners follow best practices in the implementation of SAS solutions. These solutions will span business and regulatory risk projects.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Provide domain and solution expertise to on-going Risk & Regulatory projects.
- Implement SAS solutions for IFRS9, CECL, Stress Testing, Credit Risk and other related Risk projects
- Provide oversight, guidance and expertise to ensure projects are implemented on time and are executed as designed. Drive program schedules, milestones, and phase review processes.
- Lead on-site training and coaching on SAS solutions for consultants, partners and customers
- Help services team craft work estimates, proposals, solution architectures and project plans
- Act as key point of contact for key clients, partners and regional professional services teams. Act as liaison to Product Management, R&D and sales teams
- Anticipate and resolve cross-functional project related issues and work with Project Managers to implement improvements.
- Identify new software or services opportunities within the account or program and communicate to the appropriate SAS management team(s)
The successful candidate will have a background in financial services, and a general knowledge of the financial services industry’s regulatory and reporting frameworks, including an awareness of at least two of the following:
- Solid knowledge and experience in Credit risk, Financial reporting, Basel Reg Cap and Regulatory Stress Testing
- Solid understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) including IFRS9/CECL
- Experience implementing different types of Credit Risk models – Vintage, Timeseries, Migration, Markov Chain, Survival etc.
- Experience developing or implementing Credit Risk or Stress Testing solutions – built in-house or vendor software solutions
- Familiarity with Accounting Close processes and/or using SAP, Oracle or other GL’s
The successful candidate should also have:
- Hands-on skills to configure and implement SAS Risk solutions
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills;
- Ability to work independently; also ability to be effective in diverse, virtual, cross-functional teams;
- Ability to travel as business needs require (travel could be up to 50%);
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and priorities across multiple, competing activities, and internal and external customers.
- Experience defining and/or developing creative solutions to complex business challenges and opportunities in the Risk/Regulatory domain. This experience might be based on experience as a practitioner, consultant, or technical sales in the risk space.
- Experience with technical and business approaches and solutions related to business intelligence/analytics/data integration/data warehousing.
- Ability to relate technical concepts to system applications and user needs.
- Degree (or equivalent) in relevant field: e.g., Business, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, etc
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn