SAS is currently seeking hands-on consultants to join the Global Risk Advisory and Delivery practice at SAS. The ALM/Stress Testing Risk Specialist is a critical role at SAS – these consultants will play a vital role in the successful implementation of SAS Risk solutions – they will provide necessary business, functional and technical knowledge to ensure client teams, SAS consultants, and partners follow best practices in the implementation of SAS solutions. These solutions will span business and regulatory risk projects.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Provide domain and solution expertise to on-going Risk & Regulatory projects.
- Implement SAS solutions for ALM, Liquidity Risk, Stress Testing, Credit Risk and other related Risk projects
- Provide oversight, guidance and expertise to ensure projects are implemented on time and are executed as designed. Drive program schedules, milestones, and phase review processes.
- Lead on-site training and coaching on SAS solutions for consultants, partners and customers
- Help services team craft work estimates, proposals, solution architectures and project plans
- Act as key point of contact for key clients, partners and regional professional services teams. Act as liaison to Product Management, R&D and sales teams
- Anticipate and resolve cross-functional project related issues and work with Project Managers to implement improvements.
- Identify new software or services opportunities within the account or program and communicate to the appropriate SAS management team(s)
The successful candidate will have a background in life insurance/reinsurance or financial services, and a general knowledge of the financial services industry’s regulatory and reporting frameworks, including an awareness of at least two of the following:
- Solid knowledge and experience in ALM, FTP, LCR, IRRBB requirements
- Solid understanding of modeling practices on the Asset and Liability side
- Solid understanding of regulatory guidelines on around IRRBB, Liquidity, Stress Testing and IFRS9/CECL
- Experience developing or implementing ALM solutions – built in-house or vendor software solutions
- Familiarity with Accounting Close processes and/or using SAP, Oracle or another GL
- Experience with ALM or Economic Capital Models in Banking
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a quantitative field or related industry.
- Hands-on skills to configure and implement SAS Risk solutions
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills;
- Ability to work independently; also, ability to be effective in diverse, virtual, cross-functional teams;
- Ability to travel as business needs require (travel could be up to 50%);
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and priorities across multiple, competing activities, and internal and external customers
- Experience defining and/or developing creative solutions to complex business challenges and opportunities in the Risk/Regulatory domain. This experience might be based on experience as a practitioner, consultant, or technical sales in the Risk space.
- Experience with technical and business approaches and solutions related to business intelligence/analytics/data integration/data warehousing.
- Ability to relate technical concepts to system applications and user needs.
- Degree (or equivalent) in relevant field: e.g., Business, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, etc.
What’s in it for you?
This is a unique opportunity for someone who is reward and results driven, looking for the opportunity to make a real difference. Here at SAS, we believe that great work deserves great rewards. In return for your ideas, commitment and ambition, we'll give you a very competitive base salary and a range of benefits as soon as you join.
We also work with our colleagues to understand their long-term career aspirations to ensure they have the career development and growth they need to achieve these goals. Through personalised career objectives and performance plans, we open conversations on progression whether this is achieved through mentoring and coaching or classroom learning environments, we offer rewarding ways in which to learn.
This role is based out of the headquarters in Heidelberg, Germany or Tervuren, Belgium and will require regular travel. We have a modern working environment with superb facilities designed to promote wellbeing, creativity and collaboration.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Big Data. Bigger Opportunities.
Some people see data as facts and figures. But it’s more than that. It’s the lifeblood of business. It contains an organisation’s history and it’s trying to tell you something. SAS helps customers around the world make sense of the message.
As the leader in business analytics software and services, SAS transforms data into insights that give our clients a fresh perspective on their business. They can identify what’s working. Fix what isn’t and discover new opportunities.
At SAS, we set the bar high for our employees and give them a culture that fosters creativity and promotes innovation. This approach springs from CEO Jim Goodnight’s philosophy: “Treat employees like they make a difference and they will.” To get a feel for what it is like to work at SAS
SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn