Channel Account Manager
SAS has a new opportunity for a Channel Account Manager to join the business. This role will be part of the AP regional team and under the direction of Regional Alliance Leadership, the Channel Account Manager will be responsible for building, maintaining, and managing sound, productive and profitable relationships with current and prospective channel partners in order to achieve our channel goals. This includes both our traditional resellers as well as our new Managed Analytics Services Providers (MASPs).
In the role of Channel Account Manager, you will also be responsible for aligning SAS and Partner strategies and for developing and executing business plans to maximize mutual business value.
- Manage a portfolio of resellers and MASPs within assigned territory to achieve channel sales targets.
- Analyze territory to identify new opportunities and coverage gaps.
- Identify and qualify prospective resellers to selectively recruit high-potential partners.
- In collaboration with partner, prepare business plans reflecting mutual goals and expectations with regular milestone checkpoints with the partner to ensure achieving objectives.
- Coordinate the onboarding and enablement process with new resellers to accelerate their time to productivity.
- Understand the partner’s business model and prepare business cases to incent additional partner investment and gain internal SAS support for the business proposition.
- Work with partners and partner ownership/executive team to gain strategic alignment with SAS.
- Coordinate interaction between partners and SAS sales team to pursue opportunities and manage channel conflict.
- Coordinate lead passing and collaboration with Inside Sales to the appropriate/qualified partner.
- Ensures all opportunities are registered via the Partner Program Opportunity Registration Form (ORF) and all validated opportunities are in Orion.
- Conduct regular pipeline calls with resellers and direct sales (as appropriate) to update Orion with accurate status information in order to provide accurate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts.
- Collaborates with SAS pre and post-sales resources for deal progression.
- Support resellers in obtaining quotes, evaluation agreements, contracts, and purchase orders.
- Works closely with marketing team to develop and execute territory channel marketing programs to increase sales.
- Drives consensus within SAS to build awareness of and appreciation for the channel.
- Thorough and complete understanding of all channel sales policies and procedures.
- Skilled at recruiting, enabling, and managing high-performance partners
- Thorough understanding of partner business models
- Able to develop joint business strategies with partners to expand SAS share of wallet
- Ability to interact with executives
- Ability to challenge and coach resell partners to develop pipeline and close deals in a timely manner with forecast discipline and accuracy.
- The experience and ability to provide sales training to resellers.
- Excellent pipeline management and prioritization skills
- Bachelor degree in Business or a related disciple
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn