Establish and build broad relationships with customer, identify strategic opportunities, bringing the necessary domain and SAS expertise to assist with the development of new sales initiatives as well as existing SAS implementations. Communicate and present current SAS technologies and solutions as well as future direction. Lead teams working with the Account Executive in all customer related activities involving SAS while ensuring highest customer satisfaction. Helps to ensure that the customer maximizes the value of their SAS purchase and ensures adoption ultimately resulting in the preservation of our renewal revenue. Provides follow-up support in disseminating technical across both organizations.
- Engage client at executive and other levels to nurture and enhance relationship.
- Deliver up-to-date information on our capabilities including roadmap and strategic direction.
- Establish and maintain a strategic partnership with the client. Serves as the primary technical contact between the Account Executive, Systems Engineer, and other services available on all pre-sales activity.
- Works with SAS Professional Services to coordinate pre-sales efforts with paid consulting opportunity.
- Acts as the strategic advisor to SAS users and customer IT management. Serves as a resource to Sales Managers.
- Collaborates with Account Executive in order to pursue relationships and opportunities in parallel to widen the bandwidth of sales activity, build trust with all customer contacts, and to promote and maintain the integrity of the SAS/client relationship.
- Assists the Account Executive in developing and moving sales leads and opportunities forward.
- Works with Account Executive to learn about customer business, identify latent pain, and set priorities on specific action items.
- Partners with sales team to develop and manage overall Account Engagement Plan (AEP) that documents all SSOs, Action Plans, the support resources (SE, consulting, etc.) required for each step, and the timeframes for all elements. Compiles status reports and ensures that account action items are completed and/or escalates to appropriate level of management when needed. Documents how SAS is being used throughout the account.
- May periodically recommend changes or enhancements. Promotes use of other SAS technology, solutions and resources (consulting, technical support, training, conferences) available to ensure optimal use and customer satisfaction.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of competitive marketplace as well as key competitors at client.
- Develop and present business case including ROI worksheets for multiple scenarios to guide investment decisions
- Engage executives at clients including mid-level and IT staff regularly
- Work with legal, contracts, pricing and packaging teams expeditiously
- Build and forge relationships at accounts independently
- Lead POC, POV activities and document and present outcomes to all parties
- Lead and update Account Planning and Strategy Mapping sessions regularly
- Coordinates resources for the sales and implementation of complex customer applications
- Provides input into the design and documentation of internal processes
- Monitors customer progress pre and post-sale
- May assist Sales Manager/Director with sales strategy
- Instrumental in uncovering sales leads
- Works with Education to optimize training efforts in the account
- Works with other vendors in the account to ensure SAS software works in as many ways possible
- Act as a mentor to new Academy Pre-Sales staff or others who may also be suited for a TAM role in the future
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have expert knowledge of enterprise technology, architecture and resources.
- Demonstrated understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
- Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conceptualize client needs and translate into specific implementation strategies.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Knowledge of software or applications development life cycle desirable.
- Public speaking experience is preferred.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or related field.
Ten to twelve years of technical sales, systems engineering, project management, applications development and/or customer support. Experience in FSI is preferred. Hands-on experience with SAS is desired.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn