SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Serves as customer liaison on projects to assure success throughout entire customer life cycle. Interacts with clients/customers, staff, Group Managers, and applicable departments at SAS. Leverages domain and industry expertise as well as understanding about sales cycle and the concept of business solution selling.
- Assumes fiscal responsibility for the projects, including managing budget, expense management, timely invoicing, receivables tracking and monitoring /managing subcontractor expenses.
- Identifies, documents and escalates any performance issues and skills deficiencies of members of the project team to the appropriate management team.
- Assists in the response to RFIs and RFPs, utilizing the RFP Repository and coordinating the consulting resources that are providing the technical information.
- Prepares sample or high level project plans to satisfy customer requirements to close deals, identify potential implementation options and provide recommendations on implementation approaches.
- Participates in deal review sessions with account teams and senior management.
- Completes risk assessment documents for projects, meeting articulated criteria (sizeable financial concerns, heavy use of subcontractors, implementation of new solutions, etc.)
- Identifies and /or reviews assignment of team members for Discovery Workshops, Assessments and other presales activities that require matching skills with specific agendas and services, and participate in these activities, including adding domain, administration and contracts expertise.
- Identifies and matches skills of project team members with the implementation requirements and tasks, including subcontractors if required, and verifies that team members know and understand their assignments.
- Maintains an accurate project plan, adheres to deadlines and communicates weekly project status reports, issues, alerts, signoffs and closure to the team, management and the customer.
- Forecasts revenue and resource requirements for the duration of the project.
- Provides leadership and drives customer success while overcoming barriers and satisfying staff, management and stakeholder commitments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Project Management Practice procedures and tools.
- Excellent facilitation skills, including meeting content/agenda and proactive/creative management of issues.
- Very good domain and industry expertise as well as an understanding of SAS internal processes and organization.
- Very good problem-solving, organizational, written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Marketing, or Computer Science.
Typically requires a minimum of five years of project management experience including applications development projects or adequate services experiences from other areas. Strong communication (in both English and Chinese) and prioritization skills.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn