Senior Engagement Manager
Manages engagements with customers and is responsible for resulting services revenue. Leads sales and business development efforts for broad range of consulting services, such as implementation delivery of industry solutions, standalone services for analytics, modeling, reporting and data management services, IT administration support and managed services, deployment support and management, business consulting and analytics advisory. Develops and maintains relationships with customers and software sales channel to ensure a consistent cohesive and comprehensive message to our customers.
- Responsible for developing business and creating consulting engagement opportunities with customer stakeholders (IT and business/ enablers and practitioners) to ensure enablement of assigned customers
- Manage ongoing services engagements as well as generate new services revenue resulting from continuous engagements with assigned customers
- Responsible for success of analytics initiatives, programs or functions of assigned customers through continuous engagements enabling the customer
- Build long-term relationships through competence, trust and credibility with stakeholders and executives across the customer’s organization.
- Ability to create a vision and articulate the value of Consulting Services to CXO level customer stakeholders
- Prepare and deliver presentations to senior management (CXO) levels
- Manage services related revenue target including opportunity pipeline/funnel development, risk assessment, cost/benefit analysis as well as forecast signed services revenue and resource requirements for proposed services engagements
- Proactively develop and execute services sales strategies to drive software-independent standalone services revenue
- Act as the Lead Consultant responsible for managing new and on-going services opportunities in strategic accounts that are beneficial to SAS as well as to the Customer
- Oversee project management and delivery of ongoing implementations with assigned customers
- Continuously build expertise and advisory skills beyond SAS technology on how to successfully enable and deliver analytics programs for customers
- Spends 50-60% of time in person onsite with customer stakeholders
- Coordinates resources for the sales and implementation of complex services agreements.
- Actively participates in services pre-sales calls and presentations; identifies goals, evaluates account needs and designs appropriate demonstrations.
- Provides roadmap to customer of how to incorporate additional SAS solutions into their business.
- May use domain expertise during the pre-sales cycle as it relates to the customer business issues.
- Provides input into the design and documentation of internal processes.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced knowledge of strategic sales techniques; SAS solutions and services, architecture and resources
- Clear understanding of sales strategies and cycles
- Strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan
- Ability to initiate and lead projects; ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to work independently; ability to travel on a frequent basis
- Excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills, decision making, and interpersonal skills