SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
In this role, you will provide analytical services independently or jointly with other departments to current and prospective customers. You will develop a analytical applications including SAS solution implementations for consulting projects using AI and machine learning methods.
3 best things about this job
- Opportunity to help transforming data into intelligence and realize real business value.
- FinTech exposure gained from a global leader in the Analytics space
- Award-winning culture and belief in the power to know
- Provides statistical and/or analytical consulting services for customer engagements.
- Translates customer business needs into data requirements and analytical techniques.
- Conducts customer sessions for requirements gathering, data discovery, analysis, reporting, and presentation.
- Supports data acquisition, validation, cleaning/preparation, and management from incoming data sources to facilitate analysis.
- Contributes and/or reviews proposals, documentation, use case, and course materials.
- Provides coaching and knowledge transfer in relevant expertise
- Meets with on-site consulting clients and prospective clients while providing leadership to analytical team.
- Assists in the estimation and development of the scopes for consulting projects.
- Works as mentor with junior members of the staff in developing their skills and knowledge.
- Based on massive data, build the models using statistical analysis, data mining, machine learning, deep learning and other methods and continuously optimize the model for business application on production.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate with and persuade people with various technical backgrounds, think analytically, write and edit technical material, and relate statistical concepts and applications to statistical and non-statistical SAS users.
- Deep knowledge of analytical offerings
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results.
- Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Work passionately, diligently, good at research; logical thinking ability, good communication skills with team cooperation ability.
- Proficiency in one or more modeling tools in SAS, Python, R.
- Familiar with banking data and business, experience in retail banking and credit card customer analysis, credit scoring, stress testing and risk model validation is preferred.
Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or closely related field.
Typically requires a minimum of four years experience in data analytics and/or predictive modeling. Relevant experience in an industry (specifically in FSI) preferred. Public speaking, consulting, project management or classroom teaching experience also advantageous.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn