SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
SAS Analytical Consultant
The Analytical Consultant role is a client-facing position within our Professional Services organisation reporting to the Analytics Team Manager.
The SAS Analytical Consultant will be involved in a variety of customer projects, as part of a delivery team to provide analytical services to current and prospective customers.
The work will include analysing large volumes of customer data for accuracy and consistency, translating business requirements into analytic methods, preparing data for analysis and modelling, building analytic models, and presenting results and insights via visualisation and data storytelling. #LI-NE1
SAS is looking for candidates who are a great cultural fit for our hard working and talented team, with the following experience and skills:
- Provides statistical and/or analytical consulting services for customer engagements.
- Translates customer business needs into data requirements and analytical techniques.
- Conducts customer sessions for requirements gathering, data discovery, analysis, reporting, and presentation.
- Demonstrates proficiency in use of Base SAS software/SAS STAT/SAS OR procedures.
- Supports data acquisition, validation, cleaning/preparation, and management from incoming data sources to facilitate analysis.
- Contributes and/or reviews proposals, documentation, publications, and course materials.
- Provides coaching and knowledge transfer in relevant expertise
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in statistics, mathematics, computer science, operations research, or a related quantitative field with coursework/projects focused on the application of statistics or data mining. Masters degree preferred.
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience working in Analytics
- SAS Platform knowledge
- Ability to communicate with and instruct people with various technical backgrounds, think analytically, write and edit technical material, and relate statistical concepts and applications to statistical and non-statistical SAS users.
- Knowledge of SAS analytical offerings and putting code into production systems, with at least 1 year of experience programming in the SAS System
- Energetic, self-motivated and the ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proactive and customer-focused
- Excellent Problem-Solving skills
- Experience in consulting and client-facing roles
Highly Desirable Technical Skills
- SAS 9.3 or 9.4 experience
- Experience with one or more of the following:
- Forecasting (with or without SAS)
- SAS Enterprise Miner
- SAS Data Management / Data Integration
- Text Analytics and /or Optimisation and SAS/OR
- Ability to travel within Australia and New Zealand for short assignments (typically up to 2 to 3 weeks).
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn