JMP is a business unit of SAS that produces interactive software for desktop statistical discovery. Pronounced "jump", its name suggests a leap in interactivity, a move in a new direction.
SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market. Through innovative solutions, SAS helps customers at more than 60,000 sites improve performance and deliver value by making better decisions faster. Since 1976 SAS has been giving customers around the world THE POWER TO KNOW®.
We are currently hiring a Systems Engineer to join our JMP China team. The candidate can be based in either Beijing or Shanghai. This role provides technical assistance for software pre-sales and post-sales activities utilizing knowledge of industry or industry segment processes and challenges. Collaborates with account team to identify opportunities, articulate business and technical value, prepares and presents software demonstrations.
- Works with sales staff to outline available products and leverage sales opportunities.
- Builds a trusted relationship with the Account Executive and account stakeholders to provide practical guidance in the functional and technical aspects of proposed software and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic presentations outlining the proposed software functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits.
- Delivers technical architecture related information, leads technical discovery sessions, responds to architecture and infrastructure questions when necessary.
- Develop required client relationships in order to develop client trust and gain deeper insight to client situation, needs, and internal situations, with the intent of developing mutually beneficial long-term JMP/client relationships.
- Maintains and develops relevant knowledge levels of technical and industry trends in order to identify impacts and opportunities created by these trends.
- Supports partner development & enablement, as well as partnered sales opportunities.
- Conducts discovery meetings to collect, clarify and document technical and business requirements during the sales cycle.
- Plans and implements, in conjunction with Account Executive, customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account satisfaction.
- Provides demonstration and business development support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings.
- Develops familiarity with company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models.
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives of customer meetings, understand how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional leadership for sales opportunities.
- Participates in product, solution and/or technical training to acquire and maintain detailed level of product knowledge of core components of JMP offerings.
- Works pro-actively with the extended account team of Industry Consultants, Solution Architects and Technical Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Applies intermediate to advanced knowledge of JMP products and solutions in sales opportunities.
- Utilizes current JMP strategic selling techniques with account executives to strategize on prospects and develop strategic sales objectives.
- Provides timely follow up and communications to account team.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models.
- Effectively works as part of team for complex sales involving multiple skill sets.
- Maintains and works toward advanced knowledge and training in JMP System tools.
- Show leadership in a chosen technology area or grouping.
- Assists in training of staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Domain knowledge: clinical trial and/or public health.
- In-depth statistical analysis skill.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated project leadership skills.
- Desired: programming proficiency as required for prototype development and product demonstrations.
- Ability to relate technical concepts to JMP applications and user needs.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
- Travel as business requirements dictate (mostly within North China region).
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Statistics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field related to area of assignment.
At least 5 years' experience in statistical analysis, quality engineering, process engineering in manufacturing or consulting for such clients, preferably pharmaceutical/healthcare and relevant industries. Candidates with exceptional statistics knowledge can be considered regardless of industrial background.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn