Industry Consultant- Risk Management ALM expert
Leverages extensive industry expertise and networks to drive revenue growth. Creates and delivers credible and unique viewpoints to differentiate SAS in the market. Actively works with sales teams and partners in support of sales opportunities and provides strategic impact to the industry sales go-to-market plans.
- Provides direct industry/business domain sales support through sales calls, customer visits and presentations contributing to new revenue generation.
- Responsible for sales tool development, including use cases and proof of concepts.
- Coaches the sales force on industry focused account strategies and leads the sales organization with new account penetration strategies. Involved in all stages of the sales engagement.
- Develops and maintains relationships with partners, key consultancies, and system integrators to establish focused and effective strategic teaming arrangements.
- Develops industry specific sales strategy that enables the SAS sales force to establish SAS as the key industry analytics partner. Activities include the following: identifying industry trends and sources of major disruption in the industry, establishing strategic vision and value propositions based on SAS offerings, and articulating a solution capability at the C-level. This sales strategy will address what to sell and how to sell; and will identify any gaps in SAS’ existing offerings that need to be addressed.
- Supports thought leadership activities including articles, whitepapers, blogs, speaking engagements and involvement with key industry organizations.
- Supports sales enablement through sales and partner training programs.
- Leads customer engagements (e.g. solution/domain enablement, discovery, value quantification, best practices) in support of pre and post sales activities.
- Participates in activities that demonstrate SAS’ industry experience and leadership. May publish industry articles, blogs and white papers. Speaks at internal and external industry events. Develop workshops to educate sales/marketing team.
- Identifies industry trends, emerging issues, competitive advances and threats. Coordinates with other SAS resources to help define SAS’ position regarding these trends and issues, then aligns SAS’ position based on business unit market requirements.
- Prepares and delivers presentations and demonstrations to customers at the highest levels of management.
- Participates with senior management to identify and establish objectives, assignments, and goals in accordance with SAS business unit specific strategic plans; assists in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote industry sales and marketing initiatives.
- Works closely with sales staff, sales management, and marketing staff to ensure successful positioning of industry solutions and that a consistent message is communicated to our customers and/or business partners.
- Identifies sales support resources required to deliver appropriate SAS solution design.
- Assists with providing market-driven information for future product direction using industry expertise and direct interaction with customers, prospects, analysts, and other external resources.
- Builds credibility and trusted advisor relationship with customers.
- Required to travel on a frequent basis.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in a quantitative field or related industry.
- Experience in technical implementation of software systems.
- Proven record of P&L growth management.
- Strong performance in leading teams of geographically dispersed resources
- Managing organizations, developing and delivering consulting services.
- Shown success of developing and maintaining cross divisional relationships
- Consulting experience exposure to more than one of the following Risk areas: Credit Scoring, Solvency II, Basel II, Regulatory Risk Management, Model Risk Management, IFRS9, CCAR, and CECL.
- Industry knowledge of software and hardware systems with an emphasis on technology exploitation.
- Knowledge of vertical software markets and formulation or response plans within those markets.
- Excellent interpersonal, team-building, organizational, time-management and planning skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with users and staff.
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
- Knowledge of SAS software, including related product areas, hardware, and operating systems.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn