SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We build software for the world's most talented thinkers. That means we need to push boundaries daily. At SAS, you’ll be encouraged to use your imagination and constantly try new things.
The Risk Solutions development team is focused on the creation of risk and finance related applications across the Banking and Insurance sectors. As a valued member of this dynamic team you will be on the crossroads between:
- the creation and ongoing support of the regulatory contents for various Risk Solutions,
- supporting SAS customers in several countries to ensure they can make best use of our risk products,
- supporting SAS sales and assist in achieving revenue targets by providing industry/business domain expertise in Risk Management and Finance.
You will have the opportunity to work on a wide range of risk business solutions, gain first-hand experience on best risk management practices, and experiment with the latest technology on the market.
Are you up for the challenge?
We will ask you to:
- Help designing new products, bring new ideas and transform them into action, from prototypes to finished products. Think big!
- Develop and maintain regulatory risk software across banking and insurance for a portfolio of Risk Solutions related to Stress Testing, IFRS9, CECL, IFRS17, Solvency 2, Market Risk, Underwriting risk and more. You will be involved in all stages of the software product creation process.
- Participate in activities that demonstrate SAS’ industry experience and leadership.
- Support implementation services on/off site for the SAS Risk portfolio of solutions, involved in all stages of the project implementation phase.
- We may ask you to travel, covering a wide geographical area that includes Europe and Asia.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Solid programming skills in one or more of the following languages: Base SAS, SAS Macros, Java, C/C++, Matlab, R, Python. Knowledge and/or experience with other SAS tools and the SAS V9 architecture is a plus.
- Specialized knowledge in Finance and Risk Management in one more current regulations such as Basel CRD-IV, EBA Stress-testing and the new IFRS9 accounting Standard for banking or IFRS17 for insurance.
- Must be familiar with fundamental Statistics and Probability concepts.
- Solid understanding of relational data models and experience with writing efficient SQL queries
- Familiarity with Linux and/or Windows operating systems.
- Analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences.
- Master’s Degree, Computer Science, MIS, Math, Physics, Statistics, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Typically requires a minimum of 2-5 years of experience in Risk and Finance in the Banking or Insurance Sector.
- Experience with IT technologies to support Finance and Risk processes is valued, namely programming experience in finance and risk models and/or algorithms.
- Certificates in Risk Management and Accounting Standards are also valued.
SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn