SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits.
Business Solutions Manager LATAM - Retail / CPG
Assists sales teams, pre-sales teams, and senior and executive management to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction. Influences sales through domain or business expert credibility brought directly to ongoing sales cycles by enabling those who will be executing sales cycles or through supporting in-country business development efforts.
- Builds trusted relationships with sales teams and client accounts, such that they can leverage their domain and/or business/industry expertise to increase the company’s credibility and communicate the company value proposition primarily in sales situations that advance the sales of software. Ensures that proper expectations are set to ensure customer satisfaction. This may involve the delivery of compelling software demonstrations as appropriate to the sales situation.
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives for customer meetings. Understands how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides strategic leadership for sales opportunities.
- Clearly articulates the breadth and value of software and the company in assigned domain or business/industry area. Clearly states how the company differentiates from the competition, to empower sales/pre-sales to identify opportunities and successfully position SAS, and/or to 3rd parties such as analysts or the press.
- Assists in the response to RFI/RFP’s or business case requests utilizing the RFP Repository and/or crafting thorough and compelling answers and proposals that effectively differentiate the company from our competitors.
- Works with product marketing, product management, sales and R&D groups to validate market driven sales approaches to support strategic initiatives and ensure customer and market direction input is reflected in ongoing releases.
- Contributes to the design and production of sales, pre-sales and marketing materials.
- Proactively drives customer retention efforts.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- As a business/industry expert, the Business Solutions Manager understands an entire industry and/or specific business processes within organizations which the company’s software, along with the company, can be deployed to support. A business/industry expert can articulate how the company’s software adds value to an organization or business process including the key value drivers, the expected returns or improvements and be able to back that up with demonstrated success stories.
- Maintains the highest standards of expert Industry knowledge at all times.
- Proactively communicates knowledge to sales colleagues and other non-technical sales functions that empower the field to identify opportunities and successfully positions the company’s software appropriately in the business function, business process or industry area.
- Supports senior/executive management through the execution of sales workshops, or other means, to examine the pipeline and suggest appropriate activities to expand the pipeline (business expansion), move deals through the pipeline or improve the local ability to execute.
- Maintains a clear map of company software capabilities to customer needs and business processes as well as into a specific industry where applicable by analyzing industry trends and other market information to identify common opportunities
- Develops and manages relationships in strategic markets and accounts including building customer networks, especially with C-levels and senior executives.
- Works closely with local, regional and international sales practices to align internal organizations around common goals and improve their ability to be effective and adopt repeatable business practices.
- Runs workgroups to share sales best practices, identify new opportunities, share sales successes and to proactively drive appropriate information to field constituents
- As a domain expert, the Business Solutions Manager possesses a strong knowledge of a set of the company’s software and how they, along with the company, should be positioned, demonstrated and utilized to demonstrate the highest levels of value of the customer and make SAS stand out in the market. A domain expert fully understands the architecture and inner workings of the SAS software portfolio they support.
- Maintains the highest standards of expert domain and technology knowledge at all times
- Proactively communicates knowledge to sales colleagues and other technical sales/pre-sales functions that empower the field to identify opportunities and successfully position the company’s software appropriately in the domain area.
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic, senior-level software demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the company’s software as they apply to client needs.
- Installs software and any required supporting 3rd party products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes.
- Runs workgroups to share sales demonstration and positioning best practices, identify new opportunities, share sales successes and to proactively drive appropriate information to field constituents.
- Co-ordinates the internal launch of new software to technical sales/pre-sales staff either globally or in a specified region. For example, builds and delivers demos; builds and delivers “what’s new” customer-ready videos and slide decks; holds sales and technical exchanges and develops sales and technical FAQs as well as other launch collateral as appropriate in conjunction with other HQ departments.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of company offerings in assigned areas, how company’s software addresses specific business challenges, competitive information to identify how the company is differentiated, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of sales and product marketing techniques, business partner relationship development strategies, or technical functions within the technology industry and/or knowledge of a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment;
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Fluent in English and at least one of this languages: Spanish or Portuguese
- Experience in a customer facing consulting role working for Retail customers or within a Retailer or CPG company in Planning or Supply Chain capacity;
- Needs leadership skills / manager profile;
- Ability to report into a matrix organization;
- Experience in retail is paramount / tightly connected with retail;
- Experience working closely with internal teams (R&D, Marketing, pre-sales and sales) to position industry specific solutions; seen as an industry or domain expert and has a deep understanding of the trends and emerging issues within Retail;
- Retail knowledge: Merchandising – demand planning / pricing structure;
- IT background / knowledge of SAS is desirable.
- Around 10 years of experience in / working with retail;
- Needs to understand industry terms to convey credibility;
- Experience dealing with multiple geographies (LatAm) / Able to handle strategic and local demands;
- Demonstrated relationships and credibility specifically in the Retail or CPG industries.
- Specialized knowledge in Retail or CPG solutions / Working with Retail or CPG customers.
- Availability to travel (LatAm)
Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization; resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways. This job is the fully qualified, career-oriented, journey-level position.
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or other quantitative field related to area of assignment.
Typically requires five years of experience in sales, marketing, business partner relationship development, or technical functions within the technology industry (including related products and services). Experience in a specific industry, market, technology, or business initiative related to area of assignment may be substituted for experience in the technology industry.
Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
Work is typically performed in an office environment, using simple, easy muscular movements, involving only the handling of light materials, tools, or equipment in easy work positions, and with no special speed requirements or long stretches of exertion. Vision requirements for this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn