SAS is the leader in analytics. Formed in 1976, SAS develops and markets software systems that allow companies to gather, store, access and analyze corporate data to aid in decision-making. SAS has customers at more than 83,000 sites, which span financial services, business, government and higher education.
A core part of SAS business is the provision of Risk Management solutions. These solutions incorporate extensive business content, advanced analytics, and leverage leading SAS data management and reporting tools. SAS is consistently rated as a leading risk technology vendor, and has enjoyed rapid growth in its Risk business.
Our Risk solutions are designed to help senior risk executives and heads of risk departments:
- Improve financial performance by reducing losses, improving capital management and building a risk-aware culture throughout the organization
- Transcend operational silos with an enterprise-wide, fully integrated risk modeling framework that consolidates risk information and provides an accurate, unified view of risk exposures, and delivers critical information to those who need it when they need it
- Reduce time and cost of compliance by establishing processes to ensure data consistency and integrity, and demonstrating system accuracy and control to regulators with documented audit trails, process transparency and complete traceability.
SAS offer a broad range of solutions for Risk. Our focus areas include Stress Testing, IFRS9, Model Risk Management, Regulatory Risk Management, Credit Scoring and Insurance Risk (IFRS17).
This role is an exciting opportunity for a talented risk management & technology professional to join one of the world’s leading employers, to drive the growth of our Asia Pacific Risk business in an exciting and dynamic market.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
This role is for an experienced risk professional with a strong background in finance and risk management to join the RBC Asia Pacific team.
The RBC team provides deep domain and technical expertise to support the sales and implementation of SAS risk solutions. RBC is part of the global SAS Risk division.
The role will focus on our solutions for Stress Testing, Expected Credit Loss (ECL), as well as related calculation engines e.g. regulatory capital and ALM. Stress testing, and scenarios based analysis across risk classes, is a major investment area for SAS:
- Assist sales and presales teams across Asia Pacific with solution sales activities, including customer presentations, solution design, solution demonstration and support for proof of concept (POC) delivery.
- Provide support to SAS professional services team across Asia Pacific with advice and guidance on solution configuration, implementation and closeout at customer sites.
- Feed customer requirements and market trends to Product Management to help evolve our products.
The role will be complemented by other team members with expertise in risk analytics and modelling.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to Sales and Customers to provide practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of proposed solution and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives for customer meetings, understands how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional solution leadership for sales opportunities.
- Leverages knowledge of a domain, industry, or SAS Solution to increase SAS’s credibility primarily in sales situations, including sales calls, sales tool development, and coaching for the sales force on industry focused account strategies.
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic, senior level solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS solutions as they apply to client needs.
- Prepares and delivers presentations to customers at the highest levels of management
- Assists local sales teams in targeting specific customers and business partners to promote SAS solution sales and marketing activities.
- Identifies competitor advances in the market.
- Conducts discovery meeting to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the sales cycle to support the implementation team and to produce a detailed solution proposal.
- Assists in the response to RFI/RFP’s utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers.
- Scopes and defines work effort, resource plan and estimates cost on phase/project. Conducts project requirements gathering.
- May work on consulting projects and special projects as assigned; acts as technical lead on projects as assigned (Consulting).
- Develops and maintains relationships with partners, key consultancies, and system integrators to establish focused and effective strategic teaming arrangements.
- Develop enablement material and conduct training sessions to educate sales/marketing team.
- Provides reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Assists with providing market-driven information for future product direction using domain knowledge and direct interaction with customers, prospects, analysts, and other external resources.
- Required to travel on a frequent basis.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Strong understanding of finance processes and methods, and accounting principles and standards.
- Strong understanding of credit risk management framework, policies and processes, including regulatory requirements, credit processes, and risk technology.
- Ability to acquire a detailed understanding of solution capabilities, and competitive positioning, from a functional and technical perspective.
- Ability to consult with customers – strong written and verbal communication - ability to engage internal and external stakeholders including Actuarial, Finance and IT functions.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences. Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization. Public speaking experience. Demonstrated ability for consultative selling.
- Excellent analytical, and creative problem-solving skills. Advanced project management and facilitation skills.
- Excellent analytical, and creative problem-solving skills. Advanced facilitation skills.
- Strategic, analytical and innovative thinker.
- Team-player with a pragmatic commercial and collaborative approach.
- At least 7-10 years of experience in financial industry with an emphasis on Finance and Risk Management.
- At least 2-3 years of vendor or business consulting / sales environment.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and IFRS9 standards.
- Familiarity with SAS an advantage.
- Fluent in English and preferably Bahasa, Cantonese, Mandarin or Thai.
- Role will be based in ASEAN - Hong Kong or Singapore or Thailand preferred (other locations can be discussed).
- Regular travel (up to 2w / month) to other SAS locations in Asia Pacific. Occasional travel to other SAS locations in EMEA and US.
- Individual assignments can often be of short duration and arranged at short notice.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn