This role will be responsible for providing support SAS staff in the use of the computer hardware and software, ensuring our technology is reliable. The support will be across areas including software, hardware, mobile technologies (iOS / Android), video conferencing and communication systems.
This job requires a conscientious and cooperative work style teamed with a careful, thorough and accurate handling of detail. To be successful in the role it is very important that you have a strong sense of duty and a concern for the needs of others. Your pace of work is patient and steady, requiring consistency in your work. Because high quality of work is so important, management leadership and professional training will be provided. Seeking the opinion of others and the support of management are also important aspects of the decision-making process.
You pride yourself on being customer driven, outgoing, pleasant and agreeable, considerate of others’ feelings and always avoiding conflict. You love meeting new people and find it easy to get along with a wide variety of people. You take pride in solving the problem and making sure the customer is happy.
- Provides telephone and personal support for user queries by investigating and resolving issues and escalating as necessary.
- Users’ equipment is correctly configured. You will be the first point of call for the new starters at SAS
- Maintain Training PCs for our education center.
- Provide audio visual support for events, meetings and kick offs, including the provision of Videoconferencing, projectors, etc.
- Manage hardware and software requests.
- Administration of Servers.
- Keep up to date on technology trends by reading technical publications, related web-sites, etc.
- Shares project information (e.g. procedures and tools used etc.) with colleagues by documenting all information and making it available in shared location.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
You will have experience or exposure to the following technologies
- Basic Administration of Microsoft Server Applications, including SharePoint 2013 and Exchange 2013 – preferable.
- Microsoft Windows Client OS (Windows 7, Windows 8.x and Windows 10) – required.
- Microsoft Windows Server OS (Windows 2008 R2 and Windows 2012 – required.
- Basic Networking – understand concepts of TCP/IP – required.
- Exposure to Active Directory Administration.
- Exposure to VMware or other Virtualization technology.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office Products;
- Skype for Business
- Apple iPhone, iPad support
- Dell desktops
- Symantec Backup Exec or other exposure to Backup technology.
- Video Conferencing systems (LifeSize, Polycom, Tandberg).
- Minimum of a demonstrated Technical course in Computing.
- 2 - 3 years’ experience in a Help Desk role.
- Customer Service experience in some capacity (retail, other roles).