SAS Institute is the world's largest privately-owned software company and leader in Business Intelligence & Business Analytics. Since 1976, we have given our customers insight into seeing new opportunities and making the right decisions faster using user-friendly analytical software. We are the world's leader in the business analysis market and consists of more than 14,000 professionals worldwide. We serve more than 80,000 of the largest companies and organizations in 148 countries around the world, including 96 of the 100 best in Fortune Global 500.
We are currently seeking a Senior Account Executive to join our Account Team. This role is ideally based in our Tervuren (BE) office, for the first year weekly presence in Tervuren will be needed, afterwards the role can be positioned in our other European offices.
We are looking for individuals who have significant, demonstrated track record within Sales and Relationship Management in European Institutions. Previous experience within the IT industry (preferably Software/analytics/consulting or complex sales cycles) will make sure you have a flying start with us. Ideal applicants will be enthusiastic about helping our customers cope with demanding challenges and turn them into mutually rewarding opportunities. You must be highly motivated, a self-starter, articulate and able to contribute to transformation projects
Most important attributes are:
- Knowledge of the European Institutions incl. existing relationships with DGs and Agencies across Europe. Understanding of challenges and problems of the digital transformation in the EU is a big advantage.
- Knowledge of the European Partner ECO system incl. existing relationships with these partners. Experience with different framework contracts: Big4, DESIS, CLOUD2, SIDE2, etc.
- Experienced within Sales and Relation Management. Comfortable to take a clear leadership role throughout the complex sales cycle, from establishing a relationship and discovering an opportunity, via proving value and negotiating business terms, all the way through to delivering the value we promised.
- Skilled at understanding people’s needs and priorities. Eager to help people reach their goals while also confident enough to challenge when required.
- You will benefit from having worked in the software industry. To become successful, you should have an insight into the mechanics of how organizations can get the best out of their IT solutions. An understanding of change management and how complex projects are procured, including implementation and delivery would be extremely beneficial.
- You must be a high caliber sales executive who can build trust and rapport and who is able to collaborate with partners and resources across the SAS organization.
- Great capacity to summarize, abstract, digest complex information and deliver concise messages
- Ability to work with high potential people and keep pace with virtual teams across different opportunities
Personal attributes matching with our SAS values
- Result oriented with a positive drive and attitude towards success.
- Excellent social interaction skills.
- Curious at heart and with an enthusiastic leadership that motivates people to chip in.
- Disciplined, hardworking, positive minded and motivated.
- Great self-awareness, capable of introspection and sense of responsibility and accountability