Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do:
SAS is the leader in business analytics software and services, and the largest independent vendor in the business intelligence market.Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
JMP is a business unit of SAS that produces interactive software for desktop statistical discovery. JMP has been a part of SAS since the first version of JMP statistical discovery software was launched in 1989, bringing interactive data visualization and analysis to the desktop.
What you’ll do:
As we continue to experience rapid growth across the China, our JMP division is seeking an experienced Healthcare and life science Data Consultant for our Greater China territory. As a JMP HLS Data Consultant you will be responsible for the presales of JMP software to new and existing customers through problem solving and demonstration utilizing a consultative problem-solving approach to prospective and current accounts. You also will be closely and deeply reach out to data analytic business in healthcare and life science industry, including drug development and research, clinical trial, drug evaluation, CMC and other phases.
- Works with sales staff to outline available products and leverage sales opportunities.
- Builds a trusted relationship with the Account Executive and account stakeholders to provide practical guidance in the functional and technical aspects of proposed software and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic presentations outlining the proposed software functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits.
- Delivers technical architecture related information, leads technical discovery sessions, responds to architecture and infrastructure questions when necessary.
- Develop required client relationships in order to develop client trust and gain deeper insight to client situation, needs, and internal situations, with the intent of developing mutually beneficial long-term JMP/client relationships.
- Maintains and develops relevant knowledge levels of technical and industry trends in order to identify impacts and opportunities created by these trends.
- Supports partner development & enablement, as well as partnered sales opportunities.
- Conducts discovery meetings to collect, clarify and document technical and business requirements during the sales cycle.
- Plans and implements, in conjunction with Account Executive, customer retention and post-sale strategies to ensure account satisfaction.
- Provides demonstration and business development support at vendor-sponsored events, trade shows, and user group meetings.
- Develops familiarity with company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models.
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives of customer meetings, understand how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional leadership for sales opportunities.
- Participates in product, solution and/or technical training to acquire and maintain detailed level of product knowledge of core components of JMP offerings.
- Works pro-actively with the extended account team of Industry Consultants, Solution Architects and Technical Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Applies intermediate to advanced knowledge of JMP products and solutions in sales opportunities.
- Utilizes current JMP strategic selling techniques with account executives to strategize on prospects and develop strategic sales objectives.
- Provides timely follow up and communications to account team.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of company sales initiatives, product positioning, pricing, proposals, and models.
- Effectively works as part of team for complex sales involving multiple skill sets.
- Maintains and works toward advanced knowledge and training in JMP System tools.
- Show leadership in a chosen technology area or grouping.
- Assists in training of staff.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Domain knowledge: clinical trial and/or public health.
- In-depth statistical analysis skill.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated project leadership skills.
- Desired: programming proficiency as required for prototype development and product demonstrations.
- Ability to relate technical concepts to JMP applications and user needs.
- Ability to work and learn independently and as part of a team.
- Travel as business requirements dictate (mostly within North China region).
Bachelor's degree, preferably in Statistics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, or other quantitative field related to area of assignment.
At least 5 years' experience in statistical analysis, quality engineering, process engineering in manufacturing or consulting for such clients, preferably pharmaceutical/healthcare and relevant industries. Candidates with exceptional statistics knowledge can be considered regardless of industrial background.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn