Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We are looking for Technical Consultant to responsible for the design, development, enhancement and support of Data Warehouse Extract / Transform / Load applications. The ideal candidate for this position should possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills in the areas of data capture and integration. High-volume data ETL experience is a must. You will provide consulting and implementation service including requirements gathering, analysis, solution development, knowledge transfer and project closeout both off and on customer site; assists sales teams with relevant activities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction.
- Perform advanced ETL development activities using SAS Data Integration, Informatica, PL/SQL, Oracle Database tuning, SQL tuning, Informatica Server administration, etc. Experiences with latest SAS ETL/EBI tools or other SAS products will be an advantage.
- Provide data analysis to support new project definition/design as well as to troubleshoot/resolve issues with existing subject areas.
- Follow established standards and best practices and provide input for improvement of those processes.
- Experiences in maintaining a high volume, multi-terabyte data warehouse application.
- Provide leadership and guidance to project teams, developers and other architects.
- To conceptualize client needs and translate into specific implementation strategies.
- Create, update and maintain project documents including (but not limited to): business requirements, functional and non-functional requirements, functional and technical design, data mapping, etc.
- Work independently or as part of a team to deliver data warehouse ETL projects.
- Conduct unit tests and assist in test preparations to ensure data integrity, data quality and program quality.
- Provide project status and progress updates to Management team and work closely with Advisor, Business Analysts and other Developers.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for
- 5 years of experience working with SAS Data Integration or Informatica, PowerCenter or IBM DataStage or SAP BusinessObjects Data Services.
- Strong development experience with SQL, UNIX, Korn shell, C, RDMS (DB2, Oracle).
- Expert knowledge and experience with Data Warehousing;
- Good to have project exposure in the Banking/Insurance industry; familiar with actuarial/finance/accounting processes and methods; insurance and operational systems.
- Able to relate technical concepts to SAS System applications and user needs.
- Able to conceptualize clients’ needs and translate into specific implementation strategies.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree preferably in Business, Computer Science, or related field.
- Typically requires minimum of five years relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of relational databases, scripting languages, open source programming/design and cloud computing.
- Good knowledge of SAS products, architecture, peripheral technologies and implementation best practices.
- Good problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.