The technical architect will be providing advisory and consulting services, participate and/or leads in the design and implementation of risk solutions. The architect will focus on the underlying SAS technology core and will specialize in platform administration, supporting programming, user interface design, and development, data integration applications for consulting projects using knowledge of SAS 9.4 administration, grid technologies, visual analytics, security implementation using metadata and related SAS products
- Develop multi-tier architecture for software and hardware infrastructure for multi-environment SAS Risk Solution based on standard best practices
- Providing guidance to the customers IT division on best practices in developing required infrastructure
- Develop and execute a release or version upgrades and migrations of solution configurations to SAS environments such as test and production
- Develop integration points amongst SAS products, 3rd party vendors and in house customer technologies
- Provide expertise and support of the middle tier technologies used in SAS 9.4 as required
- Be a de-facto subject matter expert for SAS 9.4 platform, providing guidance and coaching to customer resources to accomplish software rollout
- Develop and support scripts as needed by the clients IT standards to do server startups, monitoring, and backups
- Develop best practices documentation and provide technical leadership by contributing and sharing information with peers
- No / limited domestic and international travel as business demands
SAS Technologies: Exposure to SAS Programming, DI Studio, BI / Visualization (VA), SAS Platform Architecture - Administration
- Platform – Windows, Linux - Administration
- Database: Oracle or Postgres or any other relational database system
- Web Technology: XML
- Other Skills: SQL, Linux Shell programming, Data Integration & end-to-end Data Management, Performance tuning
- Implementation/Upgrade/Support of SAS Risk Solutions
- Customization of solution user interface
Experience -5-9 yrs
- It is mandatory for the Architect to have a good working knowledge of the mid-tier environment. Should be able to provide troubleshooting help as and when required
- Experienced SAS Platform Administration in large/complex SAS environments such as grid, Hadoop, visual analytics, and risk solutions.
- Strong UNIX, Systems Architecture, Database, Network Security and SAS programming skills
- Knowledge of Network Systems and Administration and Information Systems Security
- Proven expertise in web technologies such as Java, XML, Groovy,
- Comfortable giving formal technical presentations to customers and peers.
- Exposure to administering AD/LDAP, SASAUTH, SSL, SSO, and IWA for SAS environments will be a definite plus.
- Exposure to the Hadoop eco-system for architecting big-data compute and storage needs.
- Expertise to Cloud and SAS Viya
- Knowledge of automating and orchestrating OS processes and custom programs in a multi-tier architecture using native OS scripting methods.
- Ability to conceptualize clients' needs and translate into specific implementation strategies
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team