Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Senior Project Manager for SAS Thailand to serve as customer liaison on banking project to assure success throughout entire customer life cycle. You are required to interact with clients/customers, staff, ground managers, and applicable department at SAS by leveraging your domain and industry expertise.
- Assumes fiscal responsibility for the projects, including managing budget, expense management, timely invoicing, receivables tracking and monitoring /managing subcontractor expenses.
- Communicates the role of the project manager to the project team and client by outlining authority, decision and communications chains.
- Identifies and matches skills of project team members with the implementation requirements and tasks, including subcontractors if required, and ensure team members understand their assignments.
- Leverages methodologies, enablers and best practices to accelerate project delivery.
- Manages customer expectations fully and acts as customer liaison.
- Completes risk assessment documents for projects, meeting articulated criteria (sizeable financial concerns, heavy use of subcontractors, implementation of new solutions, etc.)
- Prepares sample or high-level project plans to satisfy customer requirements to close deals, identify potential implementation options and provide recommendations on implementation approaches.
- Assists in the response to RFIs and RFPs, utilizing the RFP Repository and coordinating the consulting resources that are providing the technical information.
- Maintains an accurate project plan, adheres to deadlines and communicates weekly project status reports, issues, alerts, signoffs and closure to the team, management and the customer.
- Forecasts revenue and resource requirements for the duration of the project.
- Follows established change management procedures should project plans or schedules be adjusted.
- Ensures project designs and specifications provide a reliable blue print for implementation.
- Provides leadership and drives customer success while overcoming barriers and satisfying staff, management and stakeholder commitments.
- Resolves any conflict between the project and other organizational units in a satisfactory manner, including engaging management as necessary.
- Communicates project goals to those outside the project and engages management or leadership in other units as needed to ensure customer success.
- Completes engagement/project summary, project closeout procedures and skills inventory updates at end of project.
- Assures overall customer satisfaction through project health checks, surveys and Delivery Excellence agreements.
- Oversees knowledge management activities of the delivery team using knowledge server or comparable tool.
What we’re looking for
- Excellence presentation, multinational project management and customer management skills.
- Understands win/win negotiation principles.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Bachelor's degree or higher preferably in Computer Engineer/Science or quantitative field
- Over 10 years’ experience in Banking Project Management
- Expats welcome to apply.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.