Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Principal Technical Architect to Assist the sales team with solution sales activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and provides SAS consulting services, including solution development, implementation and closeout at customer sites. Develops and enhances personal and group skills primarily for the benefit of the pre-sales process. Possesses a strong knowledge of SAS products. Participates in and may lead the design process. Ability to relate technical concepts to SAS applications and user needs and oversees the technical progress of ongoing services.
- Builds a trusted relationship with the Account Executives and client accounts to provide practical and theoretical guidance in the business value of proposed solution and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Strategizes with sales team on objectives for customer meetings, understands how this activity relates to overall sales plan and provides functional solution leadership for sales opportunities.
- Leverages knowledge of a domain, industry, or SAS Solution to increase SAS’s credibility primarily in sales situations.
- Conducts discovery meeting to collect, analyze, clarify and document business requirements during the sales cycle to support the implementation team and to produce a detailed solution proposal.
- Scopes and defines work effort, resource plan and estimates cost on phase/project. Conducts project requirements gathering.
- May work on consulting projects and special projects as assigned; acts as technical lead on projects as assigned (Consulting).
- Delivers standard, customized and/or strategic, senior level solution demonstrations and presentations outlining the functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS solutions as they apply to client needs.
- Installs SAS solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes.
- Assists in the response to RFI/RFP’s utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting thorough and compelling answers.
- Provides reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings and assigned solution areas, how each solution addresses business challenges, competitive information to identify how our solution stands apart, and what challenges/limitations may be encountered.
- Understands, utilizes and communicates best practice methodologies internally and externally.
- Provides support for regional business development activities and marketing events.
- Works proactively with Systems Engineers, Technical Architects and other Solutions Architects to strategize on opportunities, cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Provides executive level sales strategy.
- Assists the sales team with complex solution sales activities.
- Uses domain/industry/solution expertise to lead pre-sales activities.
- Works in more than one solution area.
- Assist/Lead the implementation team during requirements/design/implementation steps of delivery
- Participate in project estimation process of large solutions
- Mentor junior level architects
- Liase with sales, pre-sales, technical support and product management to determine best action to implement solution at customer environment
What we’re looking for
- Demonstrated thought leader in a single domain or industry (publishes articles, leads demand generation activities, and speaks in the business track at conferences/events)
- Excellent facilitation and communications skills
- Experience selling into end-uder environment (environment to include SAS amongst others.
- Direct experience wit Cloud Architectures & Platforms / Dev Ops & Containers / Core Banking architectures.
- Demonstrated understanding of sales strategies and cycles
- Ability to have deep conversations with the customer Enterprise Architect to define SAS solution in their enterprise
- Superior problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our valuesand influence everything we do.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS believes in the whole employee experience. Meaningful work. Empowerment to make a difference that changes people’s lives. Dynamic work environments that foster innovation. And an award-winning culture that makes it all possible. We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. Whether you're a university recruit, or an experienced professional ready for the next big challenge, SAS brings perks, passion, and the potential to grow. No limits. #LI-AS2
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn