Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a Sales Specialist to partner with field Account Executives to sell complex technical products, solutions and services to prospective and current customers. Provides in-depth
industry or product expertise to facilitate closing deals within the assigned territory. Typically carries an overlay quota that is shared with the field sales organization.
- Collaborates with field Account Executives to sell specified software, solutions and/or services to current and prospective customers.
- Initiates and supports lead generation activities. Integrates strategy into overall account plan. Qualifies leads by analyzing business drivers and technical fit.
- Uses expert domain knowledge to fulfill a wide range of requests for information from prospective customers.
- Qualifies opportunities according to established process.
- Develops opportunities by managing and influencing requirements to gain competitive edge. Creates and presents sales proposals and systems solutions to
- successfully communicate the value of the company’s products and services. Leverages pre-sales engineering resources as appropriate.
- May prepare standard quotes and proposal information as needed. Communicates with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for
- Facilitates closure of complex sales. Assists with pricing negotiations and licensing questions.
- Post-close, transitions customer to Professional Services for design/deployment. May monitor customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional
- revenue opportunities.
- May assist Product Marketing and/or Research and Development by providing information for future product direction.
- Accounts are typically small to mid-sized with lower complexity.
What we’re looking for
- Good knowledge of specific industry segment or solution set.
- Good knowledge of SAS products in specified solutions area.
- Working knowledge of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Knowledge of basic sales techniques.
- Basic knowledge of hardware and/or software acquisitions cycles and buying influences.
- Basic skill in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics and developing sales plans.
- Skill in communicating basic technical and business concepts and relating them to SAS applications and user needs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Marketing, MIS, or other relevant discipline
- Typically requires a minimum of five years of experience in the sales, marketing, or technical support of computer software solutions (including related training products and services), computer hardware, or telecommunications software/hardware.
- Specific industry-related experience may be considered in combination with the above requirements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to travel as required.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.