Academic Ambassador, JMP
JMP, a division of SAS, is looking for an Academic Ambassador to join their team! As an Academic Ambassador, you will build and maintain strategic working relationships by networking with top academic programs that produce JMP users in order to further our JMP Academic Program.
JMP statistics software helps you visualize and discover patterns in data that impact research, development, and production activities. JMP is used worldwide to develop products, reduce defects, streamline operations, improve quality and optimize resources. Universities on every continent rely on JMP to make teaching and learning statistics relevant and fun.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Driving wider use of JMP at the university level
- Visiting top research universities and other 4 year college campuses
- Effectively presenting JMP Software at the department/school/regional level and via live or recorded webinars to department chairs, faculty, graduate students and researchers
- Networking and consulting with professors on how to teach with JMP effectively and to develop and provide support materials, sample data sets, follow-up, etc
- Develop new teaching and learning resources as needed
- Fostering research and book publications that reference JMP software
- Attending and speaking at academic conferences
- Performing other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Decision Sciences, Market Research, Analytics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Research or closely related field
- 5 years of experience in technical sales, consulting, marketing, technical support, information systems, or a related area of expertise
- Ability to travel 50% or as business needs dictate
- Knowledgeable of the pedagogical challenges and trends in teaching and learning statistics.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience presenting papers at academic conferences or software training in commercial setting.
- Possess strong command of JMP software and are able to relate its features to effective use in the classroom.
- Experience and command with one or more statistical tools (Minitab, SPSS, R, Tableau)
- Position is based in the China with preference for Shanghai
- Master's or PhD Degree and/or teaching certificate
- Experience teaching Introductory Statistics at the college level or AP Statistics at the high school level
- Sales and/or marketing experience in higher education.
- 3 years of programming in SAS, JSL or another high-level language or developing SAS applications with at least two interactive operating systems supported by SAS
Candidates with less experience may be considered as Account Executive
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn