SAS Scotland R&D is a high-performing research and product development division, working on cutting-edge technologies and products in a number of key industries.
Our work spans numerous domains, including Law Enforcement, Intelligence and Investigation Management, Child Protection, Fraud and Security Intelligence, Data Management, IOT, and Financial Risk.
Our focus is on making a real-world impact, by helping users make better sense of their data, by allowing analytics to be used by more and more people, by detecting fraud and risk for our customers, by uncovering insights on edge devices and sensors, and much more.
We are a friendly team, and we’ll be offering you plenty of opportunities to develop your career. Interested? Then get in touch to find out more!
About the role
The Risk Solutions development team is focused on the creation of risk and finance related applications across the Banking and Insurance sectors. Our software helps financial institutions forecast their business, comply with legislation like IFRS17, Solvency II, and CECL, and manage/report the financial risk of their organisation.
SAS are spinning up a new Risk Lab in SAS Scotland R&D. This is an opportunity to get in at the ground floor of a new team solving business problems for real users, and transforming the technology stack to enable our solutions in the cloud.
As a valued member of this dynamic team you will have the opportunity to acquire a wide range of business and technical skills, gain first-hand experience on best risk management practices, and experiment with the latest technology on the market.
Are you up for the challenge?
We will ask you to:
- Help design new products, bring new ideas and transform them into action, from prototypes to finished products. Think big!
- Develop and maintain regulatory risk software across banking and insurance for a portfolio of Risk Solutions related to Stress Testing, IFRS9, CECL, IFRS17, Solvency 2, Market Risk, Underwriting risk and more. You will be involved in all stages of the software lifecycle.
- Participate in activities that demonstrate SAS’ industry experience and leadership.
- Support implementation services on/off site for the SAS Risk portfolio of solutions, involved in all stages of the project implementation phase.
- We may ask you to travel, covering a wide geographical area that includes Europe and Asia.
Essential for the role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Math, Physics, Statistics, Engineering, or related discipline.
- Strong written and verbal English language communication skills
Useful to us
- Experience with Java, Micronaut, Spring Boot, or similar frameworks
- Experience with IT/Cloud development e.g. CI/CD, Kubernetes, AWS/Microsoft Azure, Python and Shell scripting
- Familiarity with fundamental Statistics and Probability concepts
- Understanding of Relational Data Models and experience with writing efficient SQL queries
- Understanding of and/or exposure to Finance and Risk Management topics
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences
- Experience with IT technologies to support Finance and Risk processes is valued, namely programming experience in finance and risk models and/or algorithms
- Certificates in Risk Management and Accounting Standards are also valued
If you have the skills we are looking for we would love to hear from you!