Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Solutions Advisor to serve as an advisor covering all the aspects of the solution that involves analytical/technical/SME during the delivery life cycle. Reporting to the Risk & Finance Advisors - Insurance Initiative Head, the selected candidate as a Risk Solution Advisor will:
Join and be part of the Risk & Finance Advisor / Insurance Initiative team at Global level, supporting achievement of global revenue targets of the Insurance initiative (new software, new services) by cooperating with regional sales, pre-sales and Delivery teams and providing them with industry/business risk domain expertise and risk solution expertise mainly concerning Insurance Risk & Finance topics; this includes, in particular, the IFRS 17 topic and related solutions;
Act under the direction and supervision of the Insurance Initiative Head and the Program Manager of the Team;
Help developing an industry/business domain viewpoint on Insurance R&F topics, related SAS Offerings and representing those viewpoints to clients;
The candidate will support risk solution implementation projects, in his area of expertise, contributing to the success of the delivered end product and securing real life feed-back to the SAS R&D teams;
The candidate will support enablement of sales, pre-sales, delivery, customer and partner teams about the solutions SAS provides in his area of expertise and the way those solution are used to address customer needs;
Also, he will help team to provide strategic impact to the Sales Industry go-to-market plans.
- Risk expertise supply to organization. Provides direct industry/business domain sales support through sales calls, sales tool development, and coaching for the sales force on industry focused account strategies. Leads the sales organization with new account penetration strategies. Involved in all stages of the sales engagement. Involved as a Subject Matter Expert into customer implementation projects, to support specific project tasks where Insurance R&F expertise and Solution expertise is required.
- Support to management of relationships with partners, key consultancies, and system integrators to establish focused and effective strategic teaming arrangements.
- Development of industry specific sales strategy for assigned industry that enables the SAS sales force to establish SAS as the key industry analytics partner to include the following: identifying industry trends and sources of major disruption in the industry, establishing strategic vision and value propositions based on SAS offerings, and articulating a solution capability at the C-level. This sales strategy will address what to sell and how to sell; and will identify any gaps in SAS’ existing offerings that need to be addressed.
- Enablement of sales, pre-sales, delivery, customer and partner teams regarding the SAS R&F solutions and their applcation to solve customer business problems
- Support to Risk marketing. Participates in activities that demonstrate SAS’ industry experience and leadership. May publish industry articles, blogs and white papers. Speaks at internal and external industry events. Develop workshops to educate sales/marketing team.
- Identification of industry trends, emerging issues, competitive advances and threats. Coordinates with other SAS resources to help define SAS’ position regarding these trends and issues, then aligns SAS’ position based on business unit market requirements.
- Presales asset preparation. Prepares and delivers presentations to customers at the highest levels of management. Works closely with sales staff, sales management, and marketing staff to ensure successful positioning of industry solutions and that a consistent message is communicated to our customers and/or business partners.
- Market trends monitoring. Assists with providing market-driven information for future product direction using industry expertise and direct interaction with customers, prospects, analysts, and other external resources.
- Customer relationships. Builds credibility and trusted advisor relationship with customers.
- Required to travel on a frequent basis – the candidate will have a global role, with priority to cover specific areas that can change over time. Today we foresee a specific priority on Greater China, but also other countries across the world.
What we’re looking for
Bachelors Degree, preferably in Economics, Business, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related discipline.
Typically requires a minimum of 5 to 10 years experience in Risk and Finance in the Financial Sector, or in Management Consulting firms related to Financial Sector, or in other supplier companies in the areas of risk management systems. Insurance Risk & Finance – related experience is mandatory.
Experience with IT technologies to support Finance and Risk processes is valued, namely programing experience in finance and risk models.
Certificates in Risk Management and Accounting Standards are also valued.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Specialized knowledge in Insurance Risk & Finance topics and more generally in Regulatory and Non-Regulatory Risk & Finance management topics in the Finance Industry; able and willing to learn more on a continuous basis
- Knowledge of risk and finance processes under the current regulations and accounting principles. Some understanding of Accounting techniques and classification and of Actuarial methods. He should be able to interact with Finance and Accounting managers and CFOs in positioning our offerings
- Experience with IT technologies to support Finance and Risk processes is valued, namely programing experience in finance and risk models.
- Certificates in Risk Management and Accounting Standards will be also valued.
- Demonstrated industry relationships and credibility.
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization.
- Fundamental understanding of decision support and operation software systems mainly in SAS Solutions. Person should a) have already or b) be able and willing to acquire, a good level of technical skills in using SAS solutions, to help in solution positioning, assisting solution implementation teams, demonstrate solutions to customers and build prototypes and significant examples to showcase solutions.
- Ability to network inside with the related teams and ability to work in an open environment with formal and informal teams.
- Target oriented and ambition to achieve success in sales revenue and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/external audiences.
- Public speaking experience.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.