Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
SAS Cloud and Customer Zero is a dynamic environment where we apply automation to operations. Do you seek out new technologies and find the best way to apply them in a large corporate infrastructure? Do you enjoy the challenge of putting together the pieces of cloud integration? Do you find yourself championing the code-way of doing business to everyone you meet in your organization? If so, the SAS Cloud and Customer Zero team would like to talk to you.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will have the opportunity join a team of engineers that are developing a cloud-native platform to deliver self-service analytics to SAS customers. You will help guide the development design and implement complex orchestration and platform systems in a very simple and elegant way. Supportability of the developed solution is required and part of the role.
- Work closely with IT, Research and Development, Product Management, and Marketing to develop and support the SAS Cloud platform for SAS customers.
- Work with team of software developers to develop and maintain the SAS Cloud platform components and APIs.
- Assess complex technical problems and take ownership of projects with minimal guidance.
- Utilize diverse set of systems administration and programming skills to build and manage automated systems.
- Work closely with Platform as a Service engineers to develop solutions that align with corporate research and development strategy.
- Collaborate with business units to develop and deliver targeted technology solutions.
- Document solution architecture.
What we’re looking for:
- Builds trust and transparency through internal and external collaborations.
- Experience utilizing, deploying, and/or supporting IaaS platforms such as OpenStack.
- Experience with containerized services such as Docker, Kubernetes, and/or derivatives.
- Willing to participate in a 24/7 on-call rotation.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex networking problems.
- Experience with modern coding languages such as GoLang or Python.
- Strong Linux systems administration skills.
- Experience in system operations.
- Experience with application operations and support.
- Location: Cary, NC preferred, but can also be remote-based.
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
The nice to haves:
- Experience developing, deploying, and supporting Kubernetes orchestration.
- Contributions to Open Source software projects.
- Experience with performance analysis and design.
- Experience developing cloud solutions with security-by-design.
- Strong Python or GoLang programming skills.
- Works well within a Kanban CI/CD development model.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or some other related field.
- Eight years of programming experience in an applications development or consulting environment, including five years of experience developing data models in an enterprise environment. Familiarity with one or more data modeling tools.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn