As a Database Administrator on the IT ES Database Services (DBS) Team, you will be responsible for planning computerized databases, including base definitions, structure, documentation, long-range requirements, operational guidelines and protection. You will be part of a global team, dedicated to delivering world class data services on multiple platforms supporting internally developed and 3rd Party applications.
- Builds, maintains, administers, enhances and supports database platforms including activities such as upgrading, patching and performance tuning.
- Installs, and configures database management software, translates database design, and diagnoses database performance issues.
- Develops automation to maintain/build/debug systems with ‘automation first’ attitude.
- Designs, builds and maintains highly available and redundant database systems.
- Schedules and monitors back-ups, generates reports, and coordinates database changes to ensure the reliability, recoverability and auditability of corporate data.
- Ensures accuracy and completeness of data in master files and various support tools, such as base dictionaries.
- Keeps data secure by establishing and maintaining security and integrity controls.
- Formulates and monitors policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management.
- Evaluates and develops new tools and technologies to automate routine database operations, analyzes user needs, and presents findings to management.
- Provide technical expertise, guidance and assistance to development teams, as needed, to deliver the right database technology to meet system needs.
- Participate on DB on-call rotation activities as needed for the business.
Qualifications/Essential Technical Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
- Five years of MySQL database administration experience.
- Strong Experience with Python, Ansible & relevant automation skills
- Minimum of two years of experience in one of the following database platforms, Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, or Kafka.
- Proficiency in all aspects of database administration including backup/recovery, replication, performance tuning, monitoring, and database security
- Strong background in relational database management systems and structured query language.
- Strong on MySQL database structures, theories, principals & optimization
- Experience with PERL or other shell/batch scripting languages.
- Proficiency in Linux, Unix and Windows Operating Systems.
- Ability to review and recommend technologies that develop creative solutions to complex problems.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication, organizational & critical thinking skills.
- Self-motivated and highly professional.
- Experience working as part of a globally distributed team.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time across multiple projects; proven track record of delivering complex projects on schedule. Eye for detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work with management and peers.
- Ability to work with (non-technical) customers and transform their needs into technical solutions.
- Ability to follow corporate policies, established procedures, and managerial guidance to deliver a consistent experience for customers.
Preferences/Good to have skills
- Experience in design and implementation of platform architectures to support business requirements.
- Experience in replication (master-slave and master-master), clustering (i.e. Galera), tuning, sizing and monitoring current and future environments.
- Experience with TSQL, PL/SQL or other database procedural languages.
- Experience with Hadoop technologies such as HDFS, Pig, Hive, Impala and management of said technologies.
- Experience writing Ansible roles to automate the provisioning and/or patching of systems.
- Experience with Zabbix and managing templates to monitor database platforms.
- Experience using Percona Monitoring and Management (PMM) to monitor MySQL and/or Mongo systems.
- Experience with web technologies and SAS solutions.
- Experience - 5 to 12 Years