Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
Can you apply creative thinking to large data sets to solve customer business problems using SAS?
We are seeking a Technical Solutions Architect in the Tallahassee, FL area to participate and/or lead in the design and implementation of complex solution architectures and participates in the design process. In this role, you will relate technical concepts to SAS System applications and user needs and oversee the technical progress of ongoing services projects. You will focus on the underlying SAS technology core and may specialize in specific technical issues such as security, data management, system integration, and user interface. Additionally, you will be responsible for assisting the sales team with technical sales activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction. In this role, you will provide SAS consulting services, including solution development, implementation, and closeout at customer sites.
- Analyze all information gathered during the sales cycle to provide technical requirements and, working collaboratively with delivery technical lead or delivery technical architect, translate sales technical vision into a detailed technical implementation proposal.
- Provide recommendations and participate in activities related to the design, development, and maintenance of the Enterprise Architecture (EA).
- Establish system information requirements in the development of enterprise-wide or large-scale information systems.
- Build a long-term strategic roadmap for Integration of IT systems architecture and recommend to the Agency for approval.
- Advise and recommend enterprise architecture strategies, processes and methodologies.
- Scope and define work effort, supports resource planning and estimates cost on technical aspects of the project. Conduct project requirements gathering.
- Deliver standard and/or customized software demonstrations and presentations outlining the technical features, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS software as they apply to client needs.
- Build a trusted relationship with the Account Executive and client account to provide practical guidance in the functional and technical aspects of proposed software and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction (Sales).
- Provide reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Leverage detailed technical knowledge to support sales opportunities, RFI/RFPs, and pre-sales implementations across solution domains.
- Install SAS software solutions and any required supporting products for knowledge sharing and demonstration purposes as assigned.
- Strategize with sales team to provide functional and technical leadership for sales opportunities.
- Participate in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Understand, utilize and communicate best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- Work proactively with Systems Engineers for the purpose of cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to other technical SAS resources.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years’ in extensive experience with architecting enterprise-wide system technologies
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience architecting systems for Cloud technologies.
- Exposure to customer journey mapping from both customer and agency perspective; and additionally, multichannel support.
- In-depth understanding of system software design in areas, such as, user experience, artificial intelligence, and human factor design.
- Ability to deliver standard, customized, and/or strategic solution demonstrations and presentations outlining functional capabilities, competitive advantages and business benefits of technological solutions as they apply to SAS business needs.
- Ability to document complex architectural concepts and solutions in both business and technical terms.
- Experience utilizing common enterprise architecture frameworks (i.e. TOGAF) and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn and retain complex business processes and technical details.
- Demonstrated ability to manage time across multiple activities.
- Proven track record with delivering projects on schedule.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Successful design and implementation in a significant transformational project.
- Experience with API hosting tools in-house or in an external cloud.
- Experience of integrating with on-site and 3rd party cloud applications.
- Proven track record of working successfully with Agile methodology.
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
- Location: Tallahassee, FL only (or must be willing to relocate to area).
The nice to haves:
- Preference given for Medicaid and MITA experience.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Self-motivated and results driven.
- Ability to identify issues, create action items and yield results.
- High attention to detail.
- Analytical minded with strong data interpretation skills.
- Solutions-focused, multitasker and innovative.
- Ability to meet established deadlines.
- Must be able to develop creative solutions to problems.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
This is a general expression of interest position. If you are a qualified candidate, you will be notified when positions aligned to your skillset are available. This is a great way to ensure that you are in our pipeline to be considered for positions across the business.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn