Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
Can you apply creative thinking to large data sets to solve customer business problems using SAS?
We are seeking a Data Architect in the Tallahassee, FL area to participate and/or lead in the design and implementation of complex solution architectures. In this role, you will participate in the design process, relate technical concepts to SAS System applications and user needs and oversee the technical progress of ongoing services projects. You will focus on the underlying SAS technology core and may specialize in specific technical issues such as security, data management, system integration, user interface. Additionally, you will be responsible for assisting the sales team with technical sales activities to maximize revenue opportunities and ensure the highest levels of customer satisfaction and provides SAS consulting services, including solution development, implementation, and closeout at customer sites.
- Analyze all information gathered during the sales cycle to provide technical requirements and, working collaboratively with delivery technical lead or delivery technical architect, to translate sales technical vision into a detailed technical implementation proposal.
- Work with the customer, end users, technical architect, and application designers to define the data requirements and structure for the application.
- Model and design the application data structure, storage, and integration.
- Lead the database analysis, design, and build effort.
- Ensure that the database designs fulfill the requirements, including data volume, frequency needs, and long-term data growth.
- Assist in determining the cross-application data standards, data distribution standards, and tuning strategies.
- Work with the technical architects and application designers to fully understand the data conversion requirements and to design the conversion procedures and applications.
- Review the database deliverables throughout development to ensure quality and traceability to requirements and adherence to all quality management plans and standards.
- Ensure that the programmers and database administrators responsible for developing the database thoroughly understand the requirements and designs.
- Work with other architects to ensure that all components work together to meet objectives and performance goals as defined in the requirements. Identify and communicate any cross area or cross release issues that may affect other areas of the project.
- Participate in quality management reviews as outlined in the Validate Task Overview.
- Define the metadata strategy (feasibility, cost, work effort, etc.).
- Scope and define work effort, support resource planning and estimate cost on technical aspects of the project. Conducts project requirements gathering.
- Deliver standard and/or customized software demonstrations and presentations outlining the technical features, competitive advantages and business benefits of the SAS software as they apply to client needs.
- Build a trusted relationship with the Account Executive and client account to provide practical guidance in the functional and technical aspects of proposed software and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction (Sales).
- Provide reliable delivery of targeted project results through role as expert in the application of specific SAS methodologies, projects and technologies.
- Leverage detailed technical knowledge to support sales opportunities, RFI/RFPs, and pre-sales implementations across solution domains.
- Participates in product and solution training to acquire and maintain a detailed level of product knowledge of core components of SAS offerings.
- Understand, utilize and communicate best practice methodologies and industry standards internally and externally.
- Work proactively with Systems Engineers for the purpose of cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to other technical SAS resources.
What we’re looking for:
- Demonstrated leader in architecture topics (publishes articles, leads demand generation activities, and speaks at technical tracks for conferences and events.
- Strong facilitation and communications skills.
- Good knowledge of common technical environment technologies.
- Must have good knowledge of industry standards, methodologies and SAS foundation technologies, architecture and resources.
- Should have clear understanding of data warehousing concepts and best practices.
- Good problem solving, organizational, decision-making written, oral and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Travel as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
- Location: Tallahassee, FL only (or must be willing to relocate to area).
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business, Computer Science, or related field.
- Requires 7-10 years of industry and data architecture knowledge.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference. Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
This is a general expression of interest position. If you are a qualified candidate, you will be notified when positions aligned to your skillset are available. This is a great way to ensure that you are in our pipeline to be considered for positions across the business.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status. SAS is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Read more: Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law. Also view the supplement EEO is the Law, and the notice Pay Transparency
Equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered in place of the above qualifications. The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience. Resumes may be considered in the order they are received. SAS employees performing certain job functions may require access to technology or software subject to export or import regulations. To comply with these regulations, SAS may obtain nationality or citizenship information from applicants for employment. SAS collects this information solely for trade law compliance purposes and does not use it to discriminate unfairly in the hiring process.
Want to stay up to date with life at SAS, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn