Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We are seeking a Senior Technical Architect to leverage your knowledge and experience of SAS solutions and architecture to support and drive the continued profitable revenue growth from the SAS Cloud. In this role, you will apply expertise in technical architecture, vision creation, best practices, and overall technical knowledge to guide and support sales and business development towards successful outcomes. Additionally, you will be responsible for leading the design of customer solutions and repeatable propositions, applying technical concepts and commercial acumen to produce credible and cost-effective architectures that meet the requirements and expectations of prospects and customers.
You will possess the ability to build confidence and trust through excellent communications, consulting and presentation skills. As a member of a global and highly experienced team, you will get the opportunity to develop and enhance your skills and abilities, and to contribute knowledge and ideas that increase customer satisfaction, profitability, and efficiencies in line with the SAS values and business plan.
- Development and pricing of optimal technical architectures for individual sales and repeatable propositions.
- Support the production of compelling collateral that highlights the value of SAS Cloud solutions.
- Design and implementation of reusable and repeatable pricing tools and reference architectures to drive efficiency and consistency in sales cycles.
- Liaison between delivery and sales teams to ensure that deliverables, pricing and other expectations are correctly set to ensure successful projects and customer satisfaction.
- Collaboration with sales teams to set strategies and objectives for customer meetings, in alignment with the plan for an account or opportunity.
- Engagement with SAS IT and others to give feedback from sales situations and ensure that the capabilities of SAS cloud facilities and services continue to evolve to meet the needs of the growing market for analytics solutions in the cloud.
- Builds a trusted relationship with the Account Executive and client account to provide practical guidance in the technical aspects of proposed and set proper expectations to ensure customer satisfaction (Sales).
- Leverages detailed technical knowledge of SAS Cloud to support sales opportunities and implementations across solution domains.
- Assist in the response to RFI/RFPs, utilizing the RFP Repository and crafting your own compelling answers.
- Works with sales team to provide functional and technical leadership for sales opportunities.
- Participates in technical training to acquire and maintain an appropriate level of cloud technology knowledge – both SAS Cloud and external.
- Works proactively with Systems Engineers for the purpose of cross-training and knowledge transfer.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to other technical SAS resources.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in computer science, engineering or similar.
- Eight years of technical sales, systems engineering, applications development, and/or technical architecture.
- Deep and broad knowledge of SAS technology, architecture and resources
- Experience in the design of SAS (or similar) Solutions – preferably from presales through to implementation.
- Commercial awareness, and first-hand involvement in large, complex sales-cycles.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Travel: 30% or as business requirements dictate at management discretion.
- Location: flexible in APAC.
The nice to haves:
- Demonstrated thought leader (publishes articles or speaks at conferences/events).
- Skills and experience in facilitation and consulting.
- Clear understanding of sales strategies and cycles.
- Good problem solving, decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Equivalent combination of education, training, and relevant experience may be considered in place of the requirements stated above.
- The level of this position will be determined based on the applicant's education, skills and experience.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
- SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also for a cultural fit. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique culture that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, culture fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.