Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We’re looking for a Risk Consultant to join our Consulting team and focus on Risk implementation/ consulting projects.
- Provide domain and solution expertise to on-going Insurance related Risk & Regulatory projects.
- Implement SAS solutions for IFRS 17, Solvency, IFRS 9 and other related Risk projects
- Provide oversight, guidance and expertise to ensure projects are implemented on time and are executed as designed. Drive program schedules, milestones, and phase review processes
- Lead on-site training and coaching on SAS solutions for consultants, partners and customers
- Help services team craft work estimates, proposals, solution architectures and project plans
- Act as key point of contact for key clients, partners and regional professional services teams. Act as liaison to Product Management, R&D and sales teams
- Anticipate and resolve cross-functional project related issues and work with Project Managers to implement improvement
- Identify new software or services opportunities within the account or program and communicate to the appropriate SAS management team(s)
What we’re looking for
- The successful candidate will have a background from life insurance/reinsurance or financial services, and good knowledge on regulatory and reporting frameworks, including an awareness of any of the following:
- Solid actuarial knowledge and experience in valuation, financial reporting, pricing, Solvency II and/or ORSA
- Solid understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) esp. IFRS17
- Professional qualifications such as CPA, CFA, FSA, FIA, CIA or equivalent
- Experience with ALM or Economic Capital Models in Insurance
- Solutions delivery at one of these areas: Big Data Analytics, Data warehouse, ETL development, Accounting system, Actuarial, Regulatory Reporting, Financial Risk, Anti-Money Laundering (AML) or Fraud.
- Hands-on skills to configure and implement solutions
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills in both Chinese and English
- Degree in relevant field: e.g., Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, etc.
- Ability to converse in Cantonese and English.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves
- Experience developing or using Actuarial software such as Prophet, GGY Axis
- Familiarity with Accounting Close processes and/or using SAP, Oracle or other GL’s
- Experience defining and/or developing creative solutions to complex business challenges and opportunities in the Insurance Risk/Regulatory domain. This experience might be based on experience as a practitioner, consultant, or technical sales in the Insurance space.
- Experience with technical and business approaches and solutions related to business intelligence/analytics/data integration/data warehousing.
- Ability to relate technical concepts to system applications and user needs.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn