SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.
In this role you will be responsible for sales of SAS software solutions and services to UAE Public Sector/Government customers. You should have previous experience in a similar role with a proven track record selling to Public Sector organisations in the UAE.
This role will involve managing and developing relationships with senior customer stakeholders to leverage the sale of SAS software solutions and services with a value selling approach.
- Generate sales for software, solutions and services into prospective customers & build strong pipeline.
- Work with other sales leaders to position and leverage sales opportunities to acquire, grow and retain customers within assigned territory.
- Fulfill wide range of requests for information from prospective customers. Qualifies level of opportunity and type of account.
- Prospect within a territory or account to uncover business needs.
- Implement aspects of territory and account management and development; identifies accounts with high "close" potential, qualifies, and forecast time frames to close business.
- Prepare standard quotations and proposal information as needed; works with other departments to create and finalize contracts and set time schedules for services.
- Follow up with customers to track satisfaction levels and to discover additional revenue opportunities.
- Develop a basic understanding of company pricing and licensing procedures.
- Plan and implements growth plans, including sales, consulting services, and education services.
- Responsible for achievement of total software and services revenue target
- Coordinate resources from sales and services staff for solution selling and promotes and reinforces Solutions Selling and Miller-Heiman concepts.
- Work in conjunction with the Strategic Pricing Group to negotiate contracts and bids.
- Directs complex sales opportunities, including implementation plans, which include the coordination of internal and/or external professional services.
- Deliver timely and accurate sales forecasts to management.
- Typically requires a minimum of 8 years’ Solution Sales experience
- Knowledge of advanced strategic sales techniques; knowledge of software acquisition cycles and buying influences.
- Proven success selling solutions to UAE Public Sector/Government customers
- Very strong account management expertise; building and developing trusted relationships with senior decision makers, up to C-level
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strategic selling skills, skills in analyzing and evaluating territory dynamics to develop and implement a sales plan.
- Ability to initiate and lead projects; ability to work effectively in a team environment; ability to relate technical and business concepts to SAS applications and user needs; ability to work independently and as part of a team; ability to travel on a frequent basis.