Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We're looking for an established Risk & Finance consultant to join and be part of the Global Insurance Initiative team, supporting achievement of global revenue targets of the Insurance initiative (new software, new services) by cooperating with regional sales, pre-sales and delivery teams and providing them with industry/business risk domain expertise and risk solutions expertise mainly concerning Insurance Risk & Finance topics; this includes, in particular, the IFRS 17 topic and related solutions.
- Help develop an industry/business domain viewpoint on Insurance R&F topics related to SAS Offerings and represent those viewpoints to clients;
- Support risk solution implementation projects, in your area of expertise, contributing to the success of the delivered end product and secure real life feedback to the SAS R&D teams;
- Support enablement of sales, pre-sales, delivery, customer and partner teams about the solutions SAS provides in R&F area and the way those solutions are used to address customer needs;
- Help provide strategic impact to the Sales and Marketing teams on industry go-to-market plans
- Identify industry trends, emerging issues, competitive advances and threats and coordinate with other SAS resources to help define SAS’ proposition regarding these trends and issues, then align SAS’ proposition based on business unit market requirements.
- Build credibility and trusted advisor relationship with customers.
- Assist to manage relationships with partners, key consultancies, and system integrators to establish focused and effective strategic teaming arrangements.
What we’re looking for
- 8 to 10 years' experience in the Insurance Risk and Finance domain in the financial services sector, or in management consulting firms related to financial sector, or in other supplier companies in the areas of risk management systems. Insurance Risk & Finance – related experience is mandatory.
- Experience with IT technologies to support Finance and Risk processes is valued, namely programing experience in finance and risk models.
- Certificates in Risk Management and Accounting Standards are also valued.
- Specialized knowledge in Insurance Risk & Finance topics and processes more generally in Regulatory and Non-Regulatory Risk & Finance management topics in the Finance Industry; able and willing to learn more on a continuous basis.
- Strong knowledge on risk and finance processes under the current regulations and accounting principles. Good understanding on Accounting techniques and classification and of Actuarial methods. Ability to interact with Finance and Accounting managers and CFOs when positioning our offerings
- Fundamental understanding of decision support and operation software systems mainly in SAS Solutions. The right candidate should either already or be able and willing to acquire a good level of technical skills in using SAS solutions, to help in solution positioning, assisting solution implementation teams, demonstrate solutions to customers and build prototypes and significant examples to showcase solutions.
- Ability to understand and translate complex technical and business information to internal/ external audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to present to all levels of an organization in both English and Mandarin.
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Economics, Business, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related discipline.
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
The nice to haves
- Public speaking experience.
- Demonstrated industry relationships and credibility.
- Ability to network inside with the related teams and ability to work in an open environment with formal and informal teams.
- Role can be based in China, Hong Kong, Singapore; other AP locations can be discussed
- 50% travels mainly across Asia Pacific
- Candidates with less experience may be considered in a role commensurate with their seniority
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.