Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences, or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a Cloud Systems Integrator for the Managed Application Services (MAS) team in SAS’s Cloud and Information Services (CIS) division, you will be responsible for all aspects of our hosted and remote managed SAS application environments. You will work collaboratively with customers, analysts, developers, and implementation team members to deploy, manage, diagnose, debug, design, and prototype SAS and third-party enterprise class software systems.
You will support the team with training, expertise, mentoring, and best practices related to enterprise application technology, architecture, and support. You will work with global R&D, Product, Technical Support, and CIS teams to drive customer satisfaction and ensure service quality across all of our hosted and remote managed customer environments.
You will help the team in efforts to improve quality, efficiency, and automation around service delivery tasks. A keen eye for continuous improvement and a passion to drive it in all aspects of the job is required.
- Install, administer, and maintain SAS Enterprise software and solutions.
- Provide pre- and post-implementation documentation.
- Engineer solutions to ensure scalability and reliability.
- Integrate SAS software with systems and other third-party software.
- Engineer application implementations based on requirements and sizing assessments.
- Configure, manage, monitor and debug mid-tier software such as tcServer, JBoss.
- Develop tools and software to manage SAS and third-party software.
- Diagnose, document, report, and resolve system problems.
- Work directly with external customers and interface with other support teams and vendors.
What we’re looking for
- You’re curious, passionate, authentic, and accountable. These are our values and influence everything we do.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field.
- 6+ years of technical experience including:
- 4+ years of experience with Enterprise-class software installation and configuration.
- 4+ years of experience in systems support, user support, customer support, consulting, or training for enterprise class software and/or hardware.
- 4+ years of experience with UNIX or Linux supporting enterprise class applications.
The nice to haves
- Installing and using SAS software and solutions.
- Hands-on experience deploying solutions in public cloud environments (Azure, AWS, and GCP).
- Python and Ansible for automation.
- Kubernetes and Container technology.
- Scripting experience (bash, powershell).
- Programming in SAS.
- Deploying and managing JavaEE web applications.
- Multi-lingual proficiency (English language is required).
Other knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Understanding of security, performance, server design, cross-platform architectures, SAS products, SAS solutions, storage, networking, and enterprise hardware.
- Proficiency with Linux system administration tasks including configuration, troubleshooting, and automation. Ability to write scripts or software programs that automate system and software administrations tasks
- Familiarity with fundamental networking / distributed computing environment concepts.
- Ability to independently learn how to use new facilities quickly from supplied documentation.
- Understands the interdependencies between multiple systems and software within a computing infrastructure.
- Understanding of complex system architectures and infrastructures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work well with internal and external customers.
- Strong analytic and deductive reasoning skills.
- We love living the #SASlife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.
SAS looks not only for the right skills, but also a fit to our core values. We seek colleagues who will contribute to the unique values that makes SAS such a great place to work. We look for the total candidate: technical skills, values fit, relationship skills, problem solvers, good communicators and, of course, innovators. Candidates must be ready to make an impact.